Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Transformers : Homeward' Short Film

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Green Screen is some hard work. It's really annoying trying to get rid of the colour, without getting rid of some of the object.
    Looking good so far, I hope you get some great results.
    Yeah for the last couple of weeks I've been doing some principal photography and man you're right the green screen is some hard work. But practice makes perfect and I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

I was intending to use Sony Vegas to work on this project but its chroma key capabilities is severely poor to that of Adobe After Effects. Problem is I'm not used to AE, but I guess it's time to learn.

And here's a real low-res shot below!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Yeah for the last couple of weeks I've been doing some principal photography and man you're right the green screen is some hard work. But practice makes perfect and I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

I was intending to use Sony Vegas to work on this project but its chroma key capabilities is severely poor to that of Adobe After Effects. Problem is I'm not used to AE, but I guess it's time to learn.

that jet looks strangely familiar :P
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post

Looking good SkyWarp. Your effects are much better than mine.

Any recommended tips? Yours came out a lot more defined than some of my pics...

I seem to take a bit of the object when the tolerance is put to a level where the green is gone. Maybe my program?

looking forward to seeing this..... how about a trailer first?.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Looking good SkyWarp. Your effects are much better than mine.

Any recommended tips? Yours came out a lot more defined than some of my pics...

I seem to take a bit of the object when the tolerance is put to a level where the green is gone. Maybe my program?
    Thanks for the compliment. It's more about the setup and the lighting. Don't put your subject too close to the green screen, try to get them as far as way as possible and light the screen and the object evenly. Your aim is to have the least reflection of green on the figure - but given their plastic/reflective nature it's sometimes inevitable to do so and some reflection does occur. Also try to avoid putting the lights too close to the figure otherwise you have obvious light spots which seem to happen with me.

I recommend Adobe After Effects, it's much more precise with the chroma keying. Vegas works too but isn't as sensitive. Also use masking if possible as that can help with the chroma keying for each frame.

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    looking forward to seeing this..... how about a trailer first?.
    Mate I've only completely made frame 14/700+ for the entire project. I'll pop a trailer out once I do the first third. Been incredibly busy lately but I do have this image for you all

cool...glow eye =)

Well, now come the long & arduous photo shoots of each and every frame - I continue to commend your commitment dude, I'll remain looking forward to further updates.

This project isn't dead, after having some personal hiccups I've returned to this working on this film and I intend to see it to the end. Here's proof it's still alive...

I was wondering what happen to this project .... cool to see that it still alive! keep it up man

Good on ya man! Nice bts shot
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett