Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: scratch built boat

done a little bit more over the weekend. i added some rear blast doors to the hangar and scratch built a turret. it's only a prototype atm cause i'm gonna do a few and then pick the best 1's to do and i also made a torpedo launcher from some of those large guns that you get with the neo-vipers. i'll be making a start on the other section of the hull sometime this week and also finish the handrails(hopefully) on the hangar.i'm gonna change those lifeboats too as i've found a site that shows you how to make them where their lifelike.i'll be changing a few things as i get better at it.

started the 2nd hull section today and fitted a radar to the mast on the hangar.

Epic!!! Keep the WIP pics coming!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

just finished a few of the vents that are found around various places on ships and i hand made some 20mm AA guns. these are pretty easy to make after you've done a few. now i only have about 100 to go.

just relised that the 20mm AA are to big and i have to re-do them. now their gonna be at least 1/3 of the size of the 1's i originally did.

just finished doing a couple of the 20mm AA guns, 2 AA ammo ready lockers and a few of the gunnery controllers. these AA guns are the 1's i'm gonna do for it instead of the other 1's i did. any helpful hints and tips will be greatly appericated.

little bit of a progress update. the CT is going together pretty well and hopefully i'll have the funnel complete by the end of the week. i'm also gonna try and do the decking on the small platforms but if i can't get them in i'll just give it a miss. all of these have been done by hand(it's now a lot harder since my dremel decided to die) including the 5" barrels and all out of scrap that i get along the way. the binoculars are from PTE vehicle sets and the voice pipes are lollipop sticks.

Megatran Guest

How is this project progressing? Looking forward to more pics iamirondude.

it's coming along slowly. i'm working on the bow atm so hopefully i'll have some more pic's of the hulls and bow all connected and ready for the superstructure.

so are you making a battleship?