Page 420 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 400410415416417418419420421422423424425430440 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If it helps, I had an order I shipped from Pile Of Loot last night, as in physically pressed the 'Ship My Loot' button.

It's now properly shipped and I have my tracking number.

It WAS a small order though, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Does anyone here contribute to tfwiki?
    FFN does.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

My nine-year-old scrimped and saved his pocket money to buy a generations Thunderwing from Taiwan.

According to the tracking it flew out on Sept 5 but Australia Post has no record of it arriving.

Does it usually take this long for items to arrive from Taiwan?

Should we start to be worried??

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Anyone ever come across a G1 pretender with a rubsign?
    Interesting point, I don't believe that I've seen a G1 pretender with rub sign

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    My nine-year-old scrimped and saved his pocket money to buy a generations Thunderwing from Taiwan.

According to the tracking it flew out on Sept 5 but Australia Post has no record of it arriving.

Does it usually take this long for items to arrive from Taiwan?

Should we start to be worried??
    Probably not, I have never had anything shipped from Taiwan though.

What I have found from recent experience, is that most of what qualifies as a 'tracking number' overseas = 'too much hassle' for Aust post. I have had a number of things come from America, hong kong with different types of tracking. None worked on Aust posts site coming up with the old "this item is not trackable" but a couple worked if I went to their repective sites to track (eg, US posts site/Hong kong post site) well at least until it arrived in australia anyway.

in otherwords, tracking withing australia is craptacular. Chances are its in melbourned taking a week or three to cross the country, yet it may have only taken 2 days to get from Thailand.

And rant over...

I'm interested in buying my first alternator/alterinity/binaltech BUT I can't decide on any particular one. So what's everyone's opinion? My criteria are
    1. Robot mode looks when compared to their original G1 character (I don't mind if they transform into a car instead of a jet/t-Rex if their robot form looks similar to their G1 counterpart)
    2. Poseability and articulation (no point buying it if it's only position is standing straight up)

I've got Ravage, Hound, Sideswipe, Smokescreen and Optimus. I'd pass on the Optimus mould. The others work well but Ravage is pure gold. Thats Ravage and not Battle Ravage.
    Poseability Smokescreen or hound is good and also look similar to their original counterparts. Sideswipe has leg issues in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    I've got Ravage, Hound, Sideswipe, Smokescreen and Optimus. I'd pass on the Optimus mold. The others work well but Ravage is pure gold. Thats Ravage and not Battle Ravage.
    Poseability Smokescreen or hound is good and also look similar to their original counterparts. Sideswipe has leg issues in my opinion.
    I totally agree with everything you said, to add though, Wheeljack/Grimlock is a great model though the front wheels sag a little in vehicle mode on the binaltech one due to weight. overdrive is also great.
    the later models tend to have slightly better articulation but apart from the Prime mold they are all pretty good. and Skids is great partially due to being my first ever transformer when I was a kid, but he's pretty much the only one that isn't a sports car.

Alternators are plastic, binaltech have a lot of die cast, so they look slightly better and feel better but they scratch really easy and some of the earlier binaltech models had standing issues due to the weight of their upper body.

Alternity is a newer line, Japanese only and also all plastic, though the metalised finish is excellent. they are smaller than the alternator/binaltech line and while the vehicle modes are great, I haven't heard the greatest response to their robot modes. I only have Cliffjumper, I like the transformation but his legs are a bit gimpy.

phew
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

BT Smokescreen scratched easily, but subsequent BTs had improved paints which were more and more scratch-resistant.

Alternities are nice, but expensive. With a RRP comparable to BTs and they're smaller and plastic; Poorer value for money.

Okay well I've ordered BT-20 jazz. I love rx8's and his robot mode looks nice too. Can you get a g1 sticker set for him?