Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kmart: Transformers price drop

Convoid is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Kmart: Transformers price drop

Kmart have lowered the price on their transformers. It appears to be their normal price from now on and not a sales price.

Power of the Primes Legends: $15 (was $19)
    Power of the Primes Voyager: $45 (was $49)

Studio Series deluxe: $29 (was $34)

Also, as reported by Gouki, Power of the Primes deluxes are on clearance at $29.

They also now have the Cyberverse line in store.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I felt the prices were a bit high on the recent lines though why the legends, $19 was fine?

But the clearance on the POTP deluxes worries me, good thing I have backup pre-orders on standby incase we never see wave

Hooray, common sense prevails somewhat!

Now if uncle Pete’s could drop their deluxe price from $40 to $29 or less, they’d sell some too!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    I felt the prices were a bit high on the recent lines though why the legends, $19 was fine?

But the clearance on the POTP deluxes worries me, good thing I have backup pre-orders on standby incase we never see wave
    19 is absolutely not fine for Legend. Its ridiculous. Not as ridiculous as 35 - 39 for a deluxe, of course.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    19 is absolutely not fine for Legend. Its ridiculous. Not as ridiculous as 35 - 39 for a deluxe, of course.
    For what they are it is, if they upscaled them the'd do better than most deluxes like CW shockwave, anything higher as they are then yes they would be

They've dropped the price on the discontinued line (POTP) but the new line (Cyberverse) is still expensive...

The good news I see is the lower price on the Studio Series.

POTP is discontinued? Aren’t there more waves coming still?

(I have all the stuff I want up until wave 3, but as I understand it there’s mor coming)

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Wave 1 deluxes have been available since at least March this year at Kmart. Perhaps they are clearing out wave 1 Deluxes in preparation for future waves. The price drop to $15 for Legends class is most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    POTP is discontinued? Aren’t there more waves coming still?

We've had all waves released here of all size classes except Deluxe (see the sightings box in the header above)... and the tail end of a toyline is always unreliable, so if there aren't future waves of other sizes available to sell with wave 3 & 4 Deluxes, some Retailers (like Kmart) probably didn't want any more of a Toyline that is now "completely released" in four of the five size classes (POTP was only meant to last 12 months, and it has now been 9... Hasbro has probably scheduled it this way to give Retailers 3 months to clear the shelves for the next phase - WFC).
    According to Hasbro in the wave 2 news topic, they have more Deluxe toys expected in November... but don't expect it to be released to all stores, or even at all. Retailers may cancel in favour of the Bumblebee Movie toyline, or if the Movie toys don't sell enough when they are released in October. Or, the POTP Deluxes could be a special import for a pre-Christmas sale at just one particular retailer (like BigW getting all of the wave 2 & 3 POTP Leaders, and a big bulk order of cheap Titans Return toys).

Unfortunately Kmart are pretty reliable when it comes to Clearance tags... in that it means that they are done with that product code (size class), and when that stock disappears from that store, there won't be a restock.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    We've had all waves released here of all size classes except Deluxe *snipity snip*
    Wouldn't mind seeing a Titan class Predaking on retail shelves... shouldn'd be too far away now.