Page 139 of 195 FirstFirst ... 119129134135136137138139140141142143144149159 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1942

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Does anyone else think that when Siege Omega Supreme is released in a few months time, there will be a Golden Lagoon version in Asia by the end of the year.
    Of course it will be expensive, but the battle artwork on the packaging of the golden lagoon toys seems to feature a small number of characters, and so far, all of the ones done as toys are in that battle scene (Optimus, Starscream, Soundwave, Beachcomber, Seaspray, Perceptor). Considering how many characters were in that cartoon episode in gold, it would be a huge coincidence to only have a small number of characters in the battle scene and every Golden Lagoon toy so far is one of them.
    (if this is true, it would mean we should also see as toys, Golden Lagoon Powerglide, Ironhide, Megatron, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Dirge, and an unknown Seeker jet behind Megatron)

Other potential repaints:
    * GADEP/Guardian Robot/Omega Sentinel
    * Mecha-Bot 1 (pre-TF) as a new character - perhaps as the Omega Destructor?

I'm expecting a Guardian Robot repaint and a Golden Lagoon repaint. Hopefully, there will be enough time to save up before the Guardian Robot repaint because that is the repaint I'm interested in.

I told a Hellenophone today that there are Transformers named "SCATTOR" and she burst out laughing. When I mentioned that there's a Transformed named "SCATTORBRAIN" she laughed so hard that her face went red and tears welled in her eyes. I haven't been game to tell anyone that we now have a Transformer named Must Turd.

These are literally the crappiest TF names thus far (until Hasbro can secure the rights for "5#!7brick" )

I just cancelled my MP44 preorder. While I really want him I just can't justify spending that much on a Transformer in 2019.

The new Mp Hound and Ve 3 Optimus got me thinking. Some people might be waiting for a cheaper Hasbro version, but the current line of thought with "brand globalisation" should theoretically mean that Hasbro versions shouldn't happen right?

TT doesn't sell snazzed or changed Siege/POTP toys like they did with TM/Legends, so thereforem Hasbro should just be selling the Japanese version of toys released in Japan = TT Masterpieces outside of Japan.

If they don't, then its not being "globalised" is it?

Yes, Hasbro versions are unlikely. Hasbro are selling the Takara versions to the US market. Hound is already up for preorder and so where the movie MP Megatron and Jazz figures.

“Please Note: Product is in an additional Hasbro-branded sleeve over the Takara packaging.”

Yeah, Hasbro is selling TT MPs in both Australia and the US now. Probably only a matter of time until we see them in all Hasbro territories.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    The new Mp Hound and Ve 3 Optimus got me thinking. Some people might be waiting for a cheaper Hasbro version, but the current line of thought with "brand globalisation" should theoretically mean that Hasbro versions shouldn't happen right?

TT doesn't sell snazzed or changed Siege/POTP toys like they did with TM/Legends, so thereforem Hasbro should just be selling the Japanese version of toys released in Japan = TT Masterpieces outside of Japan.

If they don't, then its not being "globalised" is it?

This was raised in the MP Hound topic, as people were wondering if we'd see a cheaper Hasbro version...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A separate Hasbro release is unlikely, as they are now just directly importing the JP Masterpiece toys with an outer slip case with English on it.
    And back when they were doing their "own" in Hasbro packaging, they did very few, and the last five were identical toys to the Japanese versions inside the Hasbro packaging.
    (the last US Hasbro MP that differed to an earlier Japanese MP was Sunstorm in 2014, which was just a different colour deco, while the last Hasbro MP that had something different in the pack was Soundwave in 2013, which had five cassettes instead of one, and before that was Targetmaster Rodimus all the way back to 2011 with Offshoot which was exclusive to Hasbro)
    Although, when TakaraTomy releases an MP toy after Hasbro (the first few Movie Masterpiece toys), they have sometimes altered the colours a little.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This was raised in the MP Hound topic, as people were wondering if we'd see a cheaper Hasbro version...
    Ah Ok, I kind of stopped looking at that thread a while ago...