Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    So my 8 year old son has asked for MP Starscream for Christmas.

As an Optimus collector I haven't taken much interest in the whiney jet figures so is he worth it?
    My son got MP Grimlock last Christmas (our deal with him is he can ask Santa for another MP because he has taken very good care of his Grimlock).

The other dilemma I have is Santa already has CW Starscream put away. Are MP and CW Starscream different enough my son would get value out of them both?

He also wants MP Ultra Magnus so I'm undecided whether to give him the big guy, the whiney jet x 2 or all 3. Opinions and recommendations?
    At least your son still wants Transformers. Mine was all into them so I have got a large inventory of Combiner Wars Sets, G1 Trypticon and a couple Masterpieces set aside for Christmas presents. But now he's going nuts for Star Wars toys! Reminder to self, do not order toys too far away from Christmas because childrens interests change.

Ok enough of the rant. If in your position I could not justify giving multiples of the same character. So I would try selling the CW version and get him the masterpiece he wants.

I'm trying to figure out if I should try and pre-order the MP Ramjet from PC if any come back to preorder from being unpaid. I really like the idea of Masterpiece Coneheads.

but the price! $200. it's a remould of something I currently own 8 other versions of (MP-03, MP-06, MP-07, MP-Sunstorm, MP-Acidstorm, Hasbro release MP-03, MP-11, and the recent local release of the MP-11 Mould of Starscream form AU TRU). Crap, I need to sell a couple starscreams.
    This mould has sold for as little as $100 here and overseas.

Does anyone think there will be a Hasbro Asia release of this? Does anyone think it will be more reasonably priced?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

If it helps make your decision, I'd think not about it being $200 for Ramjet, but as $600+ for Ramjet, Dirge and Thrust.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    If it helps make your decision, I'd think not about it being $200 for Ramjet, but as $600+ for Ramjet, Dirge and Thrust.
    That does sound pretty scary when you put it like that. but masterpiece coneheads

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I'm trying to figure out if I should try and pre-order the MP Ramjet from PC if any come back to preorder from being unpaid. I really like the idea of Masterpiece Coneheads.

but the price! $200. it's a remould of something I currently own 8 other versions of (MP-03, MP-06, MP-07, MP-Sunstorm, MP-Acidstorm, Hasbro release MP-03, MP-11, and the recent local release of the MP-11 Mould of Starscream form AU TRU). Crap, I need to sell a couple starscreams.
    This mould has sold for as little as $100 here and overseas.

Does anyone think there will be a Hasbro Asia release of this? Does anyone think it will be more reasonably priced?
    Absolutely there will be a Hasbro Asia release but it will most certainly cost more than PC. I'm basing this on the experience of MP-11T Thundercracker, MP-21R Red Bumblebee etc. If you want it I would be refreshing PC tonight at 8:30 Qld time.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    yeah in a far away future they may release 3 packs just like seekers ace and elite sets...now wonder how much would it be

well, I did it, I jumped on one tonight when a couple went up at PC.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Is G1 Trypticon worth getting? I'm really curious about him, but I'm not normally collecting G1 any more so I'm conflicted as to if I should buy him when I get paid next week. I normally restrict myself to CHUG and MP.
    If you are keen Trypticon is on sale on Amazon for the next couple hours at $120US

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    If you are keen Trypticon is on sale on Amazon for the next couple hours at $120US
    It's a hefty size box though.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    It's a hefty size box though.
    true, shipping included it worked out to be about AU$205.