Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers TCG Series 3 out June 28th

Hi guys i have had a few collectors reach out to me on the various platforms with some questions, and i contacted Wotc and got some input from them.

but for wave three directly

WotC Responses in Red.
    My Responses in Blue

The Upcoming Wave Three Promos (including posters) being previewed on Facebook by the Transformers Card Game Account, some collectors are curious if these will be easily available here (Australia) as they seem to be not getting much information from their local card stockists

This is still to be confirmed

When Wizards of the Coast pass on the information about how we can get our hands on the promos i will let you all know, But i am Expecting it to be similar with Omega Supreme and the Purchase a Box get the promo incentive.

Full Post

(on a side note, should the trading card game possibly get its own subsection in the forum? There is half a dozen posts now in different section for all the different aspects of it?)
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

More card reveals for the third series (which appears to be all done in-house this time, unlike the second series being released through several fansites).
    - Private Arcee with some more simplistic special moves, because it is a common card. (they really should have a reference guide for all of the bold font words they have now)
    - Micromaster Raider Road Hugger - noting that there are 6 Micromaster teams in the third series... I think they have revealed at least one member from 5 of them, and the sixth one...
    - Soundwave with Ravage and Laserbeak - a teaser on instagram suggests that maybe the special stand-alone box set for series three could be Soundwave and two of his cassettes.
    - Battle Cards - EMP Wave and Full Loadout - two cards that potentially can do a lot of damage, so they have a star on them (to count in your total star character count).

Looks like Canada is having a late release of series 2 (end of May), but then will see series 3 come out in late June with the rest of the world... so a very short period for Canadian fans to buy up the Combiner cards that they want before then having to buy up the Siege cards. As if it wasn't short enough for non-Canadians to only have a few months between series, to collect/buy and work out through much gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    (on a side note, should the trading card game possibly get its own subsection in the forum? There is half a dozen posts now in different section for all the different aspects of it?)

If this TCG looks like it will be ongoing, for more than a year, I'll look at it, as it might encourage more trading and gaming among members here.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Or we could just have a mega thread?

Mega threads often don't work if the subject matter is too active with updates and postings, as new news can be missed, and replies can end up making no sense if people don't quote the particular news topic they are commenting on (which happens on TFW at the moment with their TCG mega threads).

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Or we could just have a mega thread?
    i am was struggling to find the six or so current threads i made a bookmark group of them all, having a mega thread i am sure i would not be able to follow anything going on.. and sometimes some things require their own attention.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Mega threads often don't work if the subject matter is too active with updates and postings, as new news can be missed, and replies can end up making no sense if people don't quote the particular news topic they are commenting on (which happens on TFW at the moment with their TCG mega threads).
    We don't have the same volume as TFW though.

In the past month, there have been:

This whole thread, 16 posts.
    TCG 2nd Starter Pack - Bumblebee Vs Megatron - May 3rd, 1 post.
    Rise of the Combiners Booster Packs, 10 posts.
    Transformers TCG Devastator Pack out March 29th, 1 post.
    Wizards of the Coast Transformers card game, 1 post.
    Transformers TCG Omega Supreme card in Australia, 0 posts.
    Ozformers facebook TCG competition, 0 posts.

Total = 29 posts. Less than a post a day.

Seems quite easy to keep on top of and might generate more discussion instead of splitting it all down. The cards are designed to be played together, not stand alone.

But it's cool. I'm fine keeping them all separate, just offering a suggestion.

Flamewar from facebook.

Soundwave and the cassettes Ravage & Laserbeak from facebook... which are regular cards (not a special pack which I had mistakenly guessed a few posts back).
    Each one has a rank/role like most of the 3rd series Character Cards, with Soundwave being a Major, and the cassettes being Raiders.
    They all use their WFC toy modes on the cards.

Rare character card Skywarp (with special abilities relating to Secret Actions), and battle cards that utilise the element of transforming between modes... but the cards are only useful if the characters have a special ability that is activated when they transform.

From the latest battle card reveal, I think I might have an idea of what the new black icon cards might be for (if not already revealed and I just missed it).

The different coloured battle cards so far (the icon on the top right of the card), when drawn during a battle...
    Orange - for attack.
    Blue - for defence.
    White - to draw two more cards if drawn first.
    Green - allows a swapping of green cards between hand and in battle? (introduced in series 2)
    Black - "Pierce" during attack. (introduced in series 3)

In other words, if you draw a black icon during a battle and you are the attacking party, it looks like you add one "pierce" (guaranteed damage) to your "pierce" count (up to your total attack number).