Released here - May 2019
    Approximate Retail Price - $29
    Approximate Size – 13.7cm
    Allegiance – Autobot
    Alt-mode – Aston Martin DB11 V12 coupe
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Headmaster
    Main Colour – silver & metallic greys
    Main Accessories – Cogman Headmaster, sword

This toy is a straight up repaint of TLK Cogman so please refer to the review thread for TLK Cogman for more detailed discussion about the original mould; this thread will focus on changes made.

Photos

Thoughts
    The silver looks loads better than the bland grey on the original toy, and the use of metallic greys and silver on the robot mode is also nicely done. The silver sword blade also looks way nicer than the grey blade on TLK Cogman. Having said that, there are a few things that TLK Cogman has over SS Cogman, including:
    * That really nice weathering paint detailing. SS Cogman has completely lost this. The lighter grey bonnet on the original also makes the head stand out more, whereas on SS Cogman it kinda gets lost as the dark grey head blends with the background of the dark grey bonnet panel. There are also notably less gold detailing on SS Coggie.
    * The joints on my SS Cogman's robot mode are notably loose, whereas the joints on my TLK Cogman remain tighter.
    * SS Cogman's panels don't sit as flush as TLK Cogman's and also require more panel massaging to get them into place. Note that the second last photo that shows TLK Cogman's bumper not sitting flush was just due to an error in transformation on my part - it does clip in just fine (but ceebs to take another photo )
    But as I said in the TLK Cogman thread, the original toy does look rather monotonous which SS Cogman has managed to break up more with the use of different shades of metallic grey and silver. The original figure overall tries to look more like Cogman did in the movie - although he was only ever the Headmaster unit, never the car/robot. Here I guess Hasbro realised that since the "Transtector" never appeared in the film then why not take more creative licence and jazz up the look of the robot mode? Certain features of TLK Coggie's mould that were previously 'lost in the blandness of grey' (e.g. bonnet vents) are immediately more noticeable on SS Coggie's shiny silver. And the silver roof over the black roof is more screen-accurate.

Overall
    I personally prefer the look of TLK Cogman in robot mode and SS Cogman in car mode. Either way, it's a really nice mould so take your pick. If you're perfectly happy with TLK Coggie and don't feel the need to get this redeco then by all means skip it - as expected the only thing this toy offers over the original are cosmetic variations. I know that this toy won't be everyone's cup of tea but I'm quite satisfied with it.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 8th May 2019 at 11:13 AM. Reason: yes

I can't believe the actual titanmaster side is unpainted, again. Grrrrr
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Looking at your closeup photos Gok, the Titan Master robot forms look slightly differently molded. Is it a trick of the light, mold degradation, or are they actually slightly different? Thighs look different and the panels below the pecs on the SS version look rounded, compared to the more square TLK version.

(I'm assuming it's a trick of the light)
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

The chest panel on TLK Cogman can be lifted up to show detailed gear works underneath. Can you post comparison pics of the two with their chest panels lifted up please?

Having seen photos, I have been tempted to trade in my TLK Cogman for a Studio Series one, mainly because the vehicle mode is vastly improved by the new paint job. In robot mode, I think the original still looks better, because the black paint wash gets into crevices and brings out the detail, as well as giving the grey plastic the look of old, worn metal, which is screen-accurate. I suppose Studio Series Cogman could represent the character when he was brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Looking at your closeup photos Gok, the Titan Master robot forms look slightly differently molded. Is it a trick of the light, mold degradation, or are they actually slightly different? Thighs look different and the panels below the pecs on the SS version look rounded, compared to the more square TLK version.

(I'm assuming it's a trick of the light)
    I took a look at my original Cogman. It really does look like the chest moulding is subtly different, but I'd need to see one in person to be sure. As for the thighs, the Studio Series Cogman has its thigh piece installed backwards. Given its size and shape, I would imagine that it's an easy mistake to make.

There's no remoulding as far as I can tell and any apparent differences is purely down to the paint job. It does show how much impact a change in paint job can have in terms of making certain features pop out more than others.