Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi There, I am new to OTCA and posting in general. I would like some advice on how to sell a collection. Only interested in selling to collectors. Any advice appreciated. Thank you in advance

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Quote Originally Posted by defenderoz View Post
    Hi There, I am new to OTCA and posting in general. I would like some advice on how to sell a collection. Only interested in selling to collectors. Any advice appreciated. Thank you in advance
    Welcome to the boards. As you're now a basic member, have a look at the members sales area to see the different ways bots are sold.

In general, if you are looking to sell it all in one hit then you may not be able to get the best value in return but on the plus side you may get everything out the door at a price which is agreeable. An alternative is to sell in lots eg. G1, Animated, Movie etc which may get you a better return but you may have lots which may be harder to move. To get the best return, selling them individually will likely net you a good price but it is much more time involved and you may also have bots which may be hard to move.

All this depends on what you are looking to sell though. Good luck with this.

Default Thanks

Thank you for the advice.

What BruiseLee said is pretty much it, the smaller lots you sell them in the more time and trouble you're going to have to spend and you will probably find some will be hard to move.

if you're looking for price ideas, looking the item up on eBay and then filtering for Sold results will give you an idea of what people are willing to pay. if you're looking to move things in a hurry however you'll probably want to knock a few % off whatever the average sale value is on there.

Given that you're looking to sell your collection, I'd recommend emailing the admin and seeing if they are happy for you to set up a dedicated thread in the sales section to list items for sale.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)