View Poll Results: UN-20 Rumble/Frenzy - worth buying?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 84.62%
  • Only if cheap

2 15.38%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - UN-20 Rumble & Frenzy

Default Toy Review - UN-20 Rumble & Frenzy

Will post my thoughts on these guys a bit later on (sorry, quite tired ) but here's a bit of a pictorial review until then.

Frenzy: *yoink* Skullgrin & Breacher won't be needing these...

OOohh theyre rightly small ei? SO united comes out with them first? Is there gonna be a Generations version? They're sold out from RK though, sigh hope they re-stock soon.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I am pretty certain there is a Generations version of them coming soon.

My thoughts: I like them, they are about the right size and look good standing next to Soundwave.

I like that their guns are slightly differently moulded as well. Robot mode is rather top-heavy, but they are balanced well. Very light weight figures too and remarkably pose-able.

The vehicle mode is some sort of anti-aircraft tank(?) and one thing that tickled my fancy was that on the front a kind of drone eye. The main duel cannon turret is rotatable, as is the blue/red piece with the silver machine gun looking bit on it. They are separately articulated.

Pile driver mode looks better than I thought it would and the box is nice with some cool 'actions photos.'

I am pleased with them and think they are a worthy update of my two favourite streetpunk Transformers!

Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

ねえテッちゃん、Generations Megatron looks like he's facepalming in that shot.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ねえテッちゃん、Generations Megatron looks like he's facepalming in that shot.
    exactly what I was going to say! (Bar the Japanese)

Want, but will stick to the Hasbro versions if possible. In the Odieverse Rumble is blue dammit.
    I was considering skipping them in favour of the reissue tapes, but then I realised getting them would give Soundwave an all-animal army of cassettes, which has a certain appeal.

Very nice, bit smaller then expected but they'll look in scale with Soundwave and Ravage.

Okay, bit more rested today so let's see here...

First of all, MISB fans are going to love this set. The robot modes are about as perfect as you could want and that's how they come packaged. Even as a proud Transformer liberator, I found it pretty difficult slicing through that sellotape...Needless to say, first impressions are fan-freaking-tastic.

Once I had them freed from their plastic prison (Huzzah! they cried) it was a great feeling to hold them and take in all their amazing detail. And damn are these little guys detailed! Despite their smaller size, these guys feature more molded detail than the average deluxe! Rumble (the red one, lol) is my absolute favourite Decepticon and I'm so glad to see his robot mode in such fine fashion. It really is f'ing awesome, the head sculpt and pile drivers in particular just rock the house something savage. Posability is also excellent in bot mode & there's lots of places you can add those cool clip on weapons from toys like Breacher, Straxus etc. (as you can see in my first pic).

Now the other thing I wanted to mention is the colour on these guys. Just like Blurr added some well needed variety to the overall Autobot army look, adding these little fellas to your collection does wonders for the Decepticons. The aqua blue on Frenzy is gorgeous and pops out more than a novelty bungee jumping pug dogs eyeball.

Now I mentioned this in the aquisitions thread but I'll quickly touch on it again...The shoulder & cannon joints are extremely tight so care must be taken when repositioning them. If you've got a Breacher, try twisting his shoulders forwards and backwards...It's just like that on Frumble. Legs etc. are all fine though.

Alt modes are what they are. They're not bad but they're hardly thrilling either. Ultimately you're buying these guys for the kick arse bot modes and if you love these characters then you'll most likely be really happy with the set.
    Frankly, I can't recommend this set enough. Rumble is the one toy I've been praying for since Classics started and I couldn't be more pleased with him. What an awesome end for the United line.