Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TW-T01: 3rd Party G1 Throttlebot - Rollbar.

Yeah most third party items tend to be around double the RRP of an equivalent sized Hasbro TF, in this case Deluxe size.

And he's still cheaper than Runamuck and Runabout/Over-run were.

I wasnt complaining about the price in general, I was saying that I have no attachment to this character nor any throttlebot (even though I had them all as a kid). Thus $60 is more than I'm willing to pay for this character.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I wasnt complaining about the price in general, I was saying that I have no attachment to this character nor any throttlebot (even though I had them all as a kid). Thus $60 is more than I'm willing to pay for this character.
    I think there will likely be a number of people feeling much like yourself dude, I too had these bots as a kid (Have a complete set of them now ) and whilst their toys didn't do much for me, their characterisation in the 80s Marvel Comics did; so with the rather intriguing engineering & that these 3rd Party figures look to be quite high in production quality, I'm quite tempted to pick up one of these guys myself.

That said, if it comes down to having to decide between these guys or FP Not-Stunticons - I'll be going with the later in a heart beat.

More production shots of Grind Rod/Rollbar looking more greener and less rusty-coloured (I think I prefer the rustier look, but either way the paint looks shiny).

Also, check out a suspiciously combiner-foot-like mode for Grind Rod. If these not-Throttlebots do combine, then Toyworld has done a fantastic job at hiding gestalt mode kibble on their solicitation photos. I'd like to imagine these guys combining into Sixturbo-like gestalt, that stands slightly shorter than the other third party combiners

TFSource has gone out and confirmed that Grind Rod will be apart of a not-Throttlebots combiner! The combiner joining parts will come packaged with the final not-Throttlebot release.
    -- via TFormers.com.

Really looking forward to the finished product, and more importantly, the finished design the combiner head. I'd like something with spiked antennae, perhaps a visor, and preferably without a mouth guard (or better yet, a bunch of interchangeable face pieces like Green Giant) Giving him a new kid on the block look

Damn it Suspectimus! My wallet hates you for bringing this to my attention.

Where I previously had zero intentions of getting these, I now think I want them.

Must. Resist. Urge… to buy!

In all seriousness though. Wow. The kept that one pretty quiet. We'll have to wait and see whether the other members are as kibble free as the 2 we've seen so far. But that in part would be helped by the fact that all the combiner parts aren't intergrated into the bot.

Still, this is cool.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

My Grind-Rod has already shipped from RK, I expect to receive it early next week.

Personally, I don't care much about the combining aspect, I wanted the Throttlebot characters. So as long as they are not compromised by the combining function, I am happy.

I personally was unsure if Grind Rod combined, that 'leg' mode kind of seemed like a 'fan mode' as in someone being clever with the engineering for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Damn it Suspectimus! My wallet hates you for bringing this to my attention.

Where I previously had zero intentions of getting these, I now think I want them.

Must. Resist. Urge… to buy!

In all seriousness though. Wow. The kept that one pretty quiet. We'll have to wait and see whether the other members are as kibble free as the 2 we've seen so far. But that in part would be helped by the fact that all the combiner parts aren't intergrated into the bot.

Still, this is cool.
    I'm still tossing up between picking up Grind Rod now, or wait/hope for a gift set which may lighten the cost of shipping a bit -- would Toyworld follow Maketoys with a lavish gift set box? Or just leave things as is like TFC? Seeing how the Throttlebots weren't originally combiners, there is no particular demand for a G1-esque styled gift set repackaging..

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    My Grind-Rod has already shipped from RK, I expect to receive it early next week.

Personally, I don't care much about the combining aspect, I wanted the Throttlebot characters. So as long as they are not compromised by the combining function, I am happy.

I personally was unsure if Grind Rod combined, that 'leg' mode kind of seemed like a 'fan mode' as in someone being clever with the engineering for fun.
    The only 'compromise' visible from the pics so far would be the two inconspicuous grey 4/5mm holes on the rear of the car near the lights -- perhaps to carry combiner parts whilst in alt mode? Can't really see how a foot would require the use of those holes in those positions. But looking forward to your photo gallery + review as always
    (Especially interested, as there's quite a difference between the initial rust-brown/olive complexion and the final production mint green)

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post

The only 'compromise' visible from the pics so far would be the two inconspicuous grey 4/5mm holes on the rear of the car near the lights -- perhaps to carry combiner parts whilst in alt mode? Can't really see how a foot would require the use of those holes in those positions. But looking forward to your photo gallery + review as always
    (Especially interested, as there's quite a difference between the initial rust-brown/olive complexion and the final production mint green)
    It's possible that they are both the same color and it's just flash and lighting making the effect. I know that when I take camera phone pics of toys with indoor lighting, they come out all sorts of weird colors.

We shall see about the toy overall as although Hegemon was awesomely engineered, his plastic was not that high end and more comparable to Hasbro's. I am expecting Grind Rod to be the same.

Judging by the in package photos it's definitely not that rusty colour. Looks indeed like a mint green, but with a slightly metallic sheen to it. Probably similar to Hegemons slightly metallic looking grey.