• No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 3.33%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    There are actually little pegs on the gun handles,
    Really? Do you have close up pics because I can't see any on mine. Just curious as to what you're seeing.

I just wish Minimus Ambus was available separately so I didn't have to buy a whole Hasbro UM to get Ambus for my TT UM.

Seriously tho, I don't think I'll mind buying two of him cause he looks awesome.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

So I just got my Ultra Magnus and I love him! Sure he does have a few faults, with the biggest being the fact his hands can't firmly grasp his guns, but he has more pros than cons.
    For example, he has more Posability than RID Ultra Magnus and MP Ultra Magnus. While his vehicle mode is too small for deluxes, this isn't much of a complaint as it means my scouts/legends/commander figures can now travel on CW Ultra Magnus, while my Deluxes can travel on RID Ultra Magnus.
    Minimus Ambus is a little bugger. His arms and legs do like to come off and despite being minicon size, lacks a minicon port. But then again that's just me complaing

Overall, this figure is just amazing. I won't give him a rating but if you ever have the chance, go and find him!

Also interestingly enough, Ultra Magnus uses the angry eyes autobot insignia instead of the regular one
    Last edited by Handsprime; 24th June 2015 at 11:33 AM.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Well finally got my Ultra Magnus today, and I've gotta say, THIS is the Ultra Magnus I've been waiting for.

My KO City Commander just got retired.

Not perfect, but then, nothing is.

Transformation is very intuitive, not a great deal of the "hollowness" that I've heard being mentioned, no more so than any other figure in the line, and certainly not as obvious as Jetfire.

Alt-mode doesn't really scale with much of anything I have, but that's OK, didn't buy him for the alt-mode.
    EDIT: Scales kind of well with the RTS Laser Prime mould actually.
    Last edited by prjkt; 8th July 2015 at 11:26 PM.

I finally got around to opening my UM. He is awesome...

prjkt - totally agree about retiring City Commander, anyone want to buy one :P

heh, City Commander I guess was the best option at the time, inspired idea, but not a very good Ultra Magnus - too chunky, and a ridiculous amount of parts-forming.

CW UM, while still having chunky legs, is a lot more dynamic, and VERY MTMTE in appearance, which to me is quite a good thing. I'm tempted to keep my preorder on the Takara one for the slightly better deco, and keep this one for my mini-prjkt who's on the way, or get a few extra Gen. Scourge's and re-create the TF:TM scene of Ultra Magnus' demise - depends on how destructive I feel at the time

Got him today, and likewise my City Commander set is now retired...

Coincidentally, there's more plastic in the old 'white prime' classics Ultra Magnus than there is in this thing, but whatever...

considering how easily the cab is removed from the rest of the figure, I won't be surprised if some 3P company releases a transforming cab for this guy.

Would probably end up somewhere between legend and deluxe in size... I'd even be tempted to pick it up, as I'm planning on getting the Takara version as my IDW one with Minimus Ambus inside (will probably stick Alpha Trion with Metroplex, a la IDW's Ironhide miniseries.)

Just got mine last week. Great toy!!

Pros: Great sculpt, especially in robot mode. Clever transformation - like MP Magnus, he shares a similar but updated transformation from the G1 toy, while remaining quite different from the MP toy. Very clever. I especially liked the tidy way everything neatly and securely tabs into place, especially alt mode. Love Minimus Ambus's little cockpit in robot mode.

Cons: I could've done without the hammer. Especially since the bottom end of it just looks like a gun... mainly because it is a gun. The guns don't fit securely into the hands at all, but as Gok mentioned, its the price one pays for hands with articulation.

Overall, I'm super pleased. Especially since my '86 movie cast shelves are now complete.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Was UM ever released in Australia? I don't ever remember seeing him on shelves and wondering if he's been and gone.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.