View Poll Results: GEN-15 DLX Sunstreaker - worth buying?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 28.57%
  • Only if...

2 28.57%
  • No

1 14.29%
  • Not even interested in it

2 28.57%

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 DLX Sunstreaker

Default Toy Review - GEN-15 DLX Sunstreaker

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted here or in the pre-existing group review topic here if you prefer.

Sunstreaker
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco Breakdown with new head.
    Wave - 4
    Released here - not yet (out in Asia & America July/Aug)
    Approximate Retail Price - (probably about AU$30) US$17
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Sports car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb
    Main Colours - Yellow, black
    Main Accessories - sword/gun, combiner fist/foot

I appreciate it when they put in the little personal physical touches that differentiate Transformers visually from each other. For Sunstreaker, besides his grill-sideburns, it's his dual-engine intake that sits atop his vehicle mode and then sits behind his head in robot mode. This figure, while not doing it as subtly as the Classics version, does a great job of turning the Optimus Maximus's head/foot into that piece. It sits atop the vehicle mode a bit bulky but looks like a cool weapon and even has an engine built into the top of it, and then can be attached to sit behind his head in robot mode (I must take a pic of that as it's not shown in the official stock photo). I know its a small thing in the grand scheme of toy design, but it's something that makes me happy

Though not as nice as the Classics version this is overall still a nice looking Sunstreaker toy with the usual CW-styled transformation, awesome vehicle mode and decent robot mode. A must grab if you like collecting multiple 'Streakers or wanna build the combiner

Megatran Guest

Had a chuckle reading the backing card. Each bot makes a contribution to the combiner mode. Optimus contributes courage. Prowl contributes strategy. Sunstreaker makes the combiner look goooood. (Bwah ha ha). Gotta love the Hasbro team.

Is the yellow on this guy constantly lemony or does it change in different light conditions like say Generations Skids? It's hard to tell.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Considering that this toy has no transparent plastic parts, I'd expect it to be consistent. Hasbro struggle with balancing yellow on solid and transparent plastic (TakaraTOMY do a much better job).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Considering that this toy has no transparent plastic parts, I'd expect it to be consistent. Hasbro struggle with balancing yellow on solid and transparent plastic (TakaraTOMY do a much better job).
    I meant moreso how the colour appears (unless you did explain that) when put under various different light sources. Sometimes the colours look lighter or darker/more or less vibrant in different conditions. Hasbro aren't great with the yellow thing though.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

This thing looks like garbage compared to the Classics toy. Easy pass!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]