View Poll Results: BlackArachnia / Widow, worth the money?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • A sexy tough ladybot? YES PLEASE!

10 71.43%
  • Only if cheap

2 14.29%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even psychic powers would tempt me

2 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Black Widow / Blackarachnia

Default Toy Review - LG-17 Black Widow / Blackarachnia

Name: Black Widow/ Blackarachnia
    Series - Legends (LG-17)
    Size/class - deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco - Animated Blackarachnia
    Wave -
    Released here - No
    Approximate Retail Price - $23/2300Yen
    Approximate Size – 15cm
    Allegiance - Predacon
    Alt-mode – Spider
    Main Features/Gimmicks – retractable grappling hook/boobs
    Main Colours – Black, gold
    Main Accessories – Spring loaded grappling hook.

A really nice little toy in my humble opinion. I really like the boxes for the Taktom legends line as well. Small, uniform with the others and sexy!

Robot mode is much the same in regards to articulation as it was in the days of Animated. Her waist is really thin, but the spider bumb manages to hide that rather well. Just make sure you push her bust all the way up. It looks a BILLION times nicer. It will be tight as a rusty screw, but the joint looks tough enough. The grappling hook is fun and can be deployed in various ways. I had lots of fun with this one and the grappling hook.

Spider mode is, well, so so. A bit floppy and fiddly, but saved by the fun of the grappling hook and being a spider in Halloween colours

For me the fun of this toy is the robot mode. It's a great represenatation of the Character from Beast Wars. I also love the fact the they have written her Japanese name in Katakana (Black Widow), but the English has her named as Blackarachnia.
    Bravo Taktome, I tip my hat to you for that little bit of effort to appease o/s fans.

More pics and thoughts on my blog. But this is a pretty accurate summary of what I said

How are boobs a gimmick XD

I find it unsettling some people are attracted to a fictional robot...
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Well fanfictions exist for those people

And the worse things

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    Well, originally 'twas a joke, but since you mention it....
    Gimmick:
    an ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, especially one designed to attract attention or increase appeal.
    Since not every Transformer has them, I guess they do qualify as a gimmick.

The fact her eyes are under her chest means that when you stare at her chest for long enough, her chest will stare back at you.

But yeah, great figure, the ball joints are incredibly tight as well as the leg swivel joint that turns it from a spider leg to a robot leg. I had to loosen the screws on one leg because it was stressing the soft plastic joint when I had to rotate it for transformation. Also in spider mode she looks like a Redback spider (part of the black widow family so it makes sense in my opinion), normally the red mark is on the underside of the Black widow spider. Fun fact!

Ask Silverbolt.

I quite like this figure and I think they have done a very good job of retooling Animated Black Arachnia to look like the BW version. In fact I think it is the best representation of how she looked on screen we have seen so far in a toy. The grappling hook is fun and she looks very good in both modes. I just had a little trouble making her leg sections stay together so that I could stand her up correctly, they kept wanting to swivel back round. But yeah, overall very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Main Features/Gimmicks – retractable grappling hook/boobs
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Ask Silverbolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Well, originally 'twas a joke, but since you mention it....

Since not every Transformer has them, I guess they do qualify as a gimmick.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingGrimlock View Post
    The fact her eyes are under her chest means that when you stare at her chest for long enough, her chest will stare back at you.
    Wow - people are really obsessed with the boobs here As someone who collects Super Sonico figures I can assure folk they have not gone over the top with Black Arachnia and indeed they are a lot smaller than the original toys were. In fact, I think they should have made them look like they did on the box art as that would have been a nice compromise of how she looked in the cartoon (D cup) to what her original BW toy looked like (J cup). An F or G cup would have been just right

I take it you never watched the 3rd Terminator movie then?

Besides, people are commenting on body parts, noone is saying they are getting sexually attracted to or are drooling over this toy. I've known lots of girls to comment on Fortress Maximus' penis and I don't think any of them had the hots for the toy.

Aside from the aforementioned enhancements, one mould improvement I really liked was the super-stable and tight toe joints. My original Animated version had a really weak joint and was prone to falling forward.

I'm pretty sure the original Animated version did not use such soft plastic for her spider legs. One YouTube reviewer was really afraid of breaking the soft plastic off when you twist the lower spider legs back 180 degrees. I don't see a huge problem with it as long as you're doing it slower.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

And the general populace probably finds it unsettling that we're all attracted to 'children's toys'

Back to the figure, I'm digging the colours on this baby!