Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thread of Interesting, Mind Blowing Transformers Trivia and Facts.

The Jumpstarters and Deluxe Autobots also never appeared in the US comics, only in the UK comics as members of the famed Wreckers.

If you go by toy instructions, the first accessorising Transformer who could legitimately use all the accessories he comes with in both robot and vehicle modes was G1 Swindle.

In Japan Cosmos is called "Adams," named after George Adamski whose UFO photos are the basis/inspiration for Cosmos' alt mode.

Pictures of Adamski UFOs:
    http://www.freewebs.com/buitenaardsl...mski%20ufo.gif
    http://www.thelivingmoon.com/47john_...ns/adamski.jpg
    http://image3.examiner.com/images/bl.../adamski_1.jpg

In the Marvel comic universe Fangry's Nebulan partner Brisko was an ex-cartographer and is the only known dark skinned Nebulan.

He also sports a Lando Calrissian like mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The Jumpstarters and Deluxe Autobots also never appeared in the US comics, only in the UK comics as members of the famed Wreckers.
    Actually, you're mistaken here.

My memory, and the Transformers wiki, tell me that actually Twin Twist appeared in one of the US comics -- in the story Spacehikers, in issue 36.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Twin_Twist#Ma...ics_continuity
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Spacehikers!
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Image:Twintwistspacehikers.jpg

It's understandable that you'd miss it. Because it's a tiny little cameo. But it's there.

--Jhiaxus.

Quote Originally Posted by CryptiK View Post
    ok simple as the title says some interesting things you have noticed while watching the TV series or purchasing the toys(don't use TFwiki its cheating).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhiaxus View Post
    My memory, and the Transformers wiki, tell me that actually Twin Twist appeared in one of the US comics -- in the story Spacehikers, in issue 36
    I call shenanigans
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

The very first wave of Transformers in 1984 already contained repaints.
    - (Wave 1: included Yellow Bumblebee and Red Bumblebee, Red Cliffjumper and Yellow Cliffjumper.)

So did the second:
    - (Wave 2: included Rumble and Frenzy.)

The third wave had retools:
    - (Wave 3: included Bluestreak and Prowl, Ironhide and Ratchet.)

The fourth was only recolours:
    - (Wave 4: Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker.)

Then they released a recolour of a Wave 2 toy:
    - (Wave 5: included Buzzsaw, recolour of Laserbeak.)

So the only wave of Transformers released in 1984 without a recolour or retool was Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Which is why it's always funny when Geewun fans bemoan the number of repaints and retools in modern Transformers franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhiaxus
    My memory, and the Transformers wiki, tell me that actually Twin Twist appeared in one of the US comics -- in the story Spacehikers, in issue 36
    Quote Originally Posted by TFwiki
    No one knows how Twin Twist got there.
    Cos that's not Twin Twist, it's Salt-Man Z!!

My theory is plausible damnit -- plausible!!!

In one of the G1 comics introducing the various -masters characters (Broken Glass!), Cyclonus gets misdrawn as a scaled up Nightstick, his own Targetmaster. Considering how obvious this error would be to the UK readership, who were very familiar with Cyclonus as he was rather prominent in comparison to the US comic, this mistake was turned into a new character, Krunix. However, in the Titan reprinting of that comic, Krunix became Cyclonus once more.

Speaking of Titan, their monthly Transformers comic had Movie Starscream answering reader mail. While he wasn't a particularly nice answerer (he sentenced one letter-writer to be melted into coolant for Autobot/Maximal sympathy), there were some moments which impressed him, such as one reader who made a version of the Hoover Dam scene, complete with Megatron frozen in ice.

Later, in the RotF comic, Ironhide and Barricade collectively answer the mail.

I recently acquired my first Korean Beast Wars Second toys (Autolauncher and Autojetter), and noticed some interesting things:

+ Autocrasher (Autocrusher) is called "Autoslasher" in Korean.
    + Autolauncher is called "Autoraincher"
    + Starscream is "Starscrem" (looks like Sonokong translated Takara's typo on the stickers!)
    + Santon is called "Mammoth" despite the fact that he's an elephant and _not_ a mammoth (like Big Convoy).
    + Skywarp is "Sky-Eagle."
    + Lio Convoy is "Lion Convoy."

...and the tech specs are really crap! Just package art on one side with random images of a 6-sided die and a hand making a "paper" or "scissors" sign. NO actual tech specs bio, stats or anything on the other side, it's just _blank_ cardboard!! Phwoar!