Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Thread of Interesting, Mind Blowing Transformers Trivia and Facts.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    In one of the G1 comics introducing the various -masters characters (Broken Glass!), Cyclonus gets misdrawn as a scaled up Nightstick, his own Targetmaster. Considering how obvious this error would be to the UK readership, who were very familiar with Cyclonus as he was rather prominent in comparison to the US comic, this mistake was turned into a new character, Krunix. However, in the Titan reprinting of that comic, Krunix became Cyclonus once more.
    While this is the most prominent example, this isn't the only time this happened.

In one issue of the US comics. I'm gunna say Totalled! (because I don't remember the exact story off the top of my head) Broadside appears. In the UK reprint Broadside is recoloured and redrawn into a random generic because he's not supposed to be there!

On the other hand they didn't manage to do this with Twin Twist... so maybe he is Salt Man Z?

--Jhiaxus.

I only realised last night that the battle scene on the back of each 1985 box and cardback features a red Diaclone Tracks.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Jhiaxus View Post
    While this is the most prominent example, this isn't the only time this happened.

In one issue of the US comics. I'm gunna say Totalled! (because I don't remember the exact story off the top of my head) Broadside appears. In the UK reprint Broadside is recoloured and redrawn into a random generic because he's not supposed to be there!

On the other hand they didn't manage to do this with Twin Twist... so maybe he is Salt Man Z:

--Jhiaxus.
    Likewise, it was always amusing when the UK comics had to fit ridiculous amounts of exposition into small speech bubbles (speech rectangles?) whenever they reprinted a US story that contradicted the previous UK canon:

SHOCKWAVE: Your team's special hunting talents are needed again - and once more it is Megatron who is your prey!

RAZORCLAW: But... dude... he knows us.

SHOCKWAVE: No - he's so deranged he's forgotten your first attack.

RAZORCLAW: What? It was only ten issues ago. And you're going to use exactly the same plan as last time? How #^@*ing illogical is that?

SHOCKWAVE: No, this time I want you to wear Autobot symbols.

RAZORCLAW: You are a #^@*ing idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I only realised last night that the battle scene on the back of each 1985 box and cardback features a red Diaclone Tracks.
    Yeah that character is a female Autobot known as Roadrage

In the Gokiverse yellow Binaltech Tracks is BT Roadrage ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Likewise, it was always amusing when the UK comics had to fit ridiculous amounts of exposition into small speech bubbles (speech rectangles?) whenever they reprinted a US story that contradicted the previous UK canon:

SHOCKWAVE: Your team's special hunting talents are needed again - and once more it is Megatron who is your prey!

RAZORCLAW: But... dude... he knows us.

SHOCKWAVE: No - he's so deranged he's forgotten your first attack.

RAZORCLAW: What? It was only ten issues ago. And you're going to use exactly the same plan as last time? How #^@*ing illogical is that?

SHOCKWAVE: No, this time I want you to wear Autobot symbols.

RAZORCLAW: You are a #^@*ing idiot.
    I have to admit that did seem to make more sense when I was a kid than it does now...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah that character is a female Autobot known as Roadrage
    Yeeeeah, sorry... I don't buy that. Roadrage was almost 20 years after the box art was actually drawn. It's clearly based on the Diaclone version of Tracks.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

A red Version of Tracks, as per the back of box art, was sold in Europe in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    A red Version of Tracks, as per the back of box art, was sold in Europe in the 80s.
    5FDP - you're right, but the back of the 1985 box art has heaps more oddities than just red Tracks (who as Paulbot says, was a legitimate Milton Bradley Euro Transformers release) or even just the weird multiples of characters that the box art used to have.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1863/85hasbro.jpg

Topspin is in Diaclone colours (white arms and blue body, like Twin Twist). Twin Twist is also Diaclone with a red chest and blue arms. Also have a look at the Deluxe Insecticons - Chop Shop is in his pre-Transformers Beet Gugal colours, Venom is Beet Zeguna and Barrage is Beet Gadol. Whirl is also in his Takatoku darker colours. And there's at least one 'Canadian'/box colours red Slag.

The Japanese version was more 'accurate':

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3490/85japan.jpg

And funnily enough it also has a blue Tracks as well as the red one (he's on the right-hand side under Swoop.)

Yeeeeah, sorry... I don't buy that. Roadrage was almost 20 years after the box art was actually drawn. It's clearly based on the Diaclone version of Tracks.
    Yes but thanks to the power of Retcon that Tracks is now officially Road Rage! ;D

You personally don't have to accept it, but that's the way it is according to official canon. If in the 5FDPverse red Tracks is another character then so be it... Jedi. Something something something Dark Side...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yes but thanks to the power of Retcon that Tracks is now officially Road Rage! ;D

You personally don't have to accept it, but that's the way it is according to official canon.
    Red Tracks is still Tracks in official canon, though - as Paulbot said, that's how Tracks was released in Europe and it's what it said on his box. Retconning or repurposing one toy to be another character doesn't eliminate their original role. G2 Dreadwing is still Dreadwing even though he was called Darkwing in the G2 comics. Wal-Mart Transmetal Rattrap doesn't stop being Rattrap just because he was later Packrat in the Wreckers comics. E-Hobby Glit doesn't stop being herself just because she was later changed to Shattered Glass Ravage.

There's no reason to assume that the red Tracks on the back of 1985 Hasbro boxes and cardbacks is Road Rage and not just a red Tracks.