Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: The Thread of Interesting, Mind Blowing Transformers Trivia and Facts.

The Hasbro reissue of G1 Hoist came with the Japanese tech specs card!

They couldve just used Dr Smoov to voice for Op Prime for that missing scene of Optimus waking Gok heheheh of course it wouldve ended in catastrophe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0e3wMzQx8s
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Fixed link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0e3wMzQx8s

"I'm a truck, not some poop slinging monkey."
    "Take your dirty paws off me you dirty ape."

Something interesting I learnt the other day; while watching the G1 episode Divide and Conquer there is a scene with Shockwave speaking to Megatron and when the communication ended, the below symbol is displayed on-screen:

I found out later that this symbol represents troops under Shockwave's command that were responsible for Cybertron's security.

I never thought anything of it when I first saw this symbol, perhaps because it was never explained in early Transformers mythos (or because the animators always came up with their own stuff and variations of the Decepticon insignia). Apparently it wasn't until 2007 that TakaraTomy explained the symbols origins.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Upcoming IDW cover art by Andrew Wildman:

The original draft of this sketch had Prime standing among tall buildings, but it was changed to trees because Wildman wanted to achieve a sense of "then and now" - not just with Transformers, but also with his involvement with Transformers (from original G1 till now). Wildman felt that trees have a greater sense of dignified grandeur and timelessness, serving as a metaphor for Optimus Prime. The trees themselves were inspired by the trees in the cark park at Pinewood Studios where Wildman currently works. Apparently those trees are sequoias and not pines, which probably even better serves the "timeless" metaphor Wildman wanted to create for Prime.

(Source: A. Wildman)

I was annoyed that cover was RI and not the B cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    Well that should stop all those people ordering sexual aids mistakenly being sent a combining, transforming robot.
    Of course, Nexus, uh, "Prime" isn't the first Transformer to share a name with an adult product. Searching for "Hot Rod" with filtering turned off can bring up some unexpected store fronts - and I'm not talking garages.

I learnt something new today: legit Transformers in China aren't sealed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Finding legit Transformers in China is like finding an oasis in the desert. But I found some! Unfortunately they're all figures that have already been released in Australia and that I already have (i.e. movieverse and Generations figures)

Here's a photo:

They did have the ice cream twins on card in robot mode, which I never knew even existed -- the one I got in Australia was packaged in split-vehicle mode, and the ones packaged in robot modes comes with Demolishor and is a redeco. These are the original versions but packaged in robot mode instead of vehicle. They had the vehicle moded ones there too -- if you look at the photo just where United Grapple is standing you can see both versions of the ice cream twins there.

The movie Deluxes are seriously shelfwarming and have been reduced to the equivalent of approx AU$8 each! The Generations Deluxes are about $21 and the Leaders Classes are a bit over $80.

For $8 I was tempted to pick up the robot mode version to keep sealed, but then I noticed that ALL the carded Transformers have already been opened and re-sealed with staples!! I peeked inside the bubble and noticed that there's instruction booklets printed in Chinese right next to the original instructions in English. Evidently Hasbro China opens their Transformers, inserts Chinese language instructions, then staples them back shut. Consequently I lost interest in getting this set to keep MOSC since it's not really MOSC!! This must be a relatively recent practice cos last time I came to China in 2005 I bought a few Cybertron Transformers, and they were all sealed. <shrug>

It must suck for sealed collectors in China... but it was frustrating for me, after searching and searching and passing through store after store, aisle after aisle of knock offs, to find this ONE end cap with legit Transformers to discover that none of it is new, and the one figure that's an interesting variant holds no appeal for me since it's been opened.

Now if only I can find new legit toys!! <sigh>