View Poll Results: Age of Extinction Crosshairs - worth getting?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 42.11%
  • Only if...

3 15.79%
  • Na

3 15.79%
  • This toy should parachute into a volcano

5 26.32%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - AoE Deluxe Crosshairs

Default Toy Review - AoE Deluxe Crosshairs

Series - Transformers Generations
    Sub-line – Age of Extinction
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – New
    Wave – 1
    Released here - Yep
    Approximate Retail Price -$27 - $35
    Approximate Size – 15cm
    Allegiance -Autobot
    Alt-mode –Corvettle
    Main Features/Gimmicks – 3 guns, a sorta billowing cape
    Main Colours – Green, Black
    Main Accessory – 3 hand guns

Robot Mode
    This figure is SUPPOSED to look like he has a billowing cape that would flutter around him matrix-style. Instead he kinda looks like Electrostaic Jolt as in they couldn’t figure out how to tuck away the roof hood. The goggles on his forehead look kinda cool but they are not coloured like the package art, just the same green as his forehead. He has ok poseability and the fact you can vary his weapons is kinda cool but overall a fairly average figure.

Covette mode
    Looks very nice! The colours and paintjob work really well, looks like he should be out of a Need for Speed or Tokyo drift movie. Very sleek, very sexy. Certainly his best mode by far!

Transformation
    The instructions are that small you can hardly tell what to do. Good news is is that if you look at him from behind you can tell he is half in vehicle mode already. A matter of shifting the feet, joining the legs and fiddling round with the arms and shoulders and he’s done – certainly doable without the instructions and only took me a few minutes to figure out sans them. Only problem is getting all those annoying tabs to click in together tightly around the shoulders and arms.

Overall
    Well, this is the first AoE deluxe I have opened and have to say I am not impressed. Wish I had waited to find him a bit cheaper ($35 at Toyworld in Bendigo ) or to see if they did a Voyager version where the cape concept actually worked. He’s ok, nice alt-mode, but certainly nothing special and if you don’t pick him up you wont be missing much.

About 2 weeks ago I asked for help regarding the final step of the transformation, then just last week I asked again, but so far nobody seems able to help. I guess nobody's been able to figure out what I've been talking about, so I'll post some pics later about the problem I'm having.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Wish I had waited to find him a bit cheaper ($35 at Toyworld in Bendigo )
    Paid $20 for all my AoE Deluxes.

----------------
    Edit:
    Posted pics regarding my problem w/ the transformation here.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 14th May 2014 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    About 2 weeks ago I asked for help regarding the final step of the transformation, then just last week I asked again, but so far nobody seems able to help. I guess nobody's been able to figure out what I've been talking about, so I'll post some pics later about the problem I'm having.

It's like that awful song from 3 years ago "Sexy and I know it"

All you have to do is "Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle, Yeah!"

Wish I had only paid $20, but you are aware of my relative locality remoteness and the family tragedies that have been going on Gok, so the trip to Bendigo was in part to cheer me up so I was willing to pay the silly amount of $35 as a moral booster to myself

Is the toy squatted like that even out of the packaging? can it stand straight? Just curious is all. Admittedly though I'm only after the dinobots figures for this line.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Is the toy squatted like that even out of the packaging? can it stand straight? Just curious is all. Admittedly though I'm only after the dinobots figures for this line.
    He stands a modicum straighter but not by much.

I think if they had coloured the underside of his car roof black as well as the insides of his arms the cape motif would have worked a lot better.

I think the 'cape' is just a poor excuse. The designers had no idea what to do with that big chunk of plastic so just called it a cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I think the 'cape' is just a poor excuse. The designers had no idea what to do with that big chunk of plastic so just called it a cape.
    I gotta agree with that. If it was just Crosshairs alone that had huge panels of hood/roof/boot kibble I'd probably think differently but these simple transformations they're aiming for makes for a lot of roof kibble on several figure's backs.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

----------------
    Edit:
    Posted pics regarding my problem w/ the transformation here.
    Possible solution, the elbows are double jointed and need to be in a Z shape for car mode. Let me know if it helps.

Ha! Glad I'm not the only one that initially had issues getting this guy into car mode I almost rage quit him

Quote Originally Posted by KingGrimlock View Post
    Possible solution, the elbows are double jointed and need to be in a Z shape for car mode. Let me know if it helps.
    Correct...Thankyou....It doesn't feel like you should be able to as the joint is quite tight but the black part of the arm can fold into a Z shape

Gok...see my pics for how it should look. Oncee it looks like my pic the front tab still requires a bit of a twist and a wiggle to lock in

Wrong:

Correct:

Tada!

I believe the instructions also say to take the pistol guns out of the side parts of his coat but ive left them in and been able to transform him into car mode so they can be stored there.