View Poll Results: Timelines Barricade with Frenzy - worth getting?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah!

6 66.67%
  • Only as part of the overall Club Subscription Service

1 11.11%
  • If found cheaply

2 22.22%
  • Na

0 0%
  • Anyone buying this should be punished and enslaved!

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - TFSS: Timelines Barricade with Frenzy

Default Toy Review - TFSS: Timelines Barricade with Frenzy

Name – Barricade and Frenzy
    Series – TFSS 2.0
    Sub-line - Timelines
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco of Takara TFP Prowl
    Wave - 2
    Released here - Nope - Only available through TCC's TFSS
    Approximate Retail Price – $46.50 (US)
    Approximate Size – 14cm
    Allegiance – Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Police Car (Barricade), Buzzsaw (Frenzy)
    Main Features/Gimmicks - N/A
    Main Colours – Purple, Black & White (Barricade), Grey (Frenzy)
    Main Accessories – 1 x Rocket Launcher

Robot Mode
    *Very similar in look and shape to TFP Deluxe Prowl except for a different colour scheme. Very impressive how they got so much purple into the robot mode with the colour being non visible except for the car seats in vehicle mode. Very slim, streamlined and cool and a decent weapon. A shame they did not change out Prowl’s odd grin for a sneer though.

Vehicle Mode
    *Very faithful to Barricade from the first live action movie, even down to the Decepticon police badge and the ‘to punish and enslave’ motto over the rear wheel. Great paint job on this toy – Tak/Tom worthy! Like TFPrime Prowl it’s an awesome looking cross between a sports car and a cop car.

Frenzy
    *Pretty disappointing. Even the Frenzy that came with the movie Deluxe Barricade as least had his eyes coloured and this guy is just all grey so none of the little details show up. The buzzsaw mode looks kinda cool, very reminiscent of the Arms Micron line, and can be used by Barricade in both modes. The blade also actually spins which is a nice touch. The instructions that come with the toy make no mention of Frenzy – they must assume if you are part of the TFCC that you are enough of a TF nut to figure out this easy peasy transform. Robot mode is pretty lackluster, especially compared to the likes of the Targetmasters that came with Generations Scoop. Plus his waist looks like it should revolve and it doesn’t, meaning the good looking hip section is on the wrong side of him. I just hope Catgut turns out to be better.

Transformation
    *Pretty simple, though getting the roof tabs to slot into place when turning from bot to car can be a bit annoying at the end. What really fricken irked me was that he comes in cop car mode, I went to transform him and the very first thing that happened - without any pressure on my part - was the little tab that holds his blue police roof flasher in place broke! So ticked off! Had to superglue it back on. Overall the toy material quality feels like it was made at the cheap dodgy knock-off factory down the road from where Hasbro gets their stuff done. Be careful when transforming this guy!

Overall
    Yeah, pretty good. Just let down by cheap manufacturing materials and a lackluster Frenzy. Besides that, Barricade looks beautiful in both modes and is a welcome addition to ones collection - especially if like me you were never able to find a TFP Deluxe Prowl. The packaging is fairly safe and the bio card is very cool. You'll be happy with this guy as the first you recieve if you are part of the TFSS - if not a member, you may decide to pick him up when he becomes a bit cheaper down the line

Sucks about the lightbar, Trev

Hmmm... Frenzy (Sou's) upper leg/thighs look like they're misassembled from the factory. Should be easy enough to remove & swap them out

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Prime-toy_Sou.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Very impressive how they got so much purple into the robot mode with the colour being non visible except for the car seats in vehicle mode.
    I love how that's been done - if someone had two TFCC Barricades on the shelf - one in robot mode and one in altmode - I wouldn't guess it was the same toy: it's a case where the robot really is in disguise. As a robot he reminds me of Alternity Skywarp.

Too much purple is a let down for me personally. But is gonna look great with Prime Prowl.

That is a really well done redeco! I really wish regular line toys got this kind of treatment. Colour me tempted

I really like the look of Barricade in both forms, but he does feel very cheap and flimsy in bot mode.

Overall Barricade is a welcome addition to my collection.

Fixed Frenzy's legs tonight

The upper thighs are one piece held on by a C Clip and the lower legs just peg onto that.
    Its an easy swap, just dont apply too much pressure on the upper thighs when removing

I dig it, really wouldn't mind this one if the price drops (I'm povo currently)