Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread: Most disappointing TF purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Just because he was a backformer in G1 doesn't make it okay 25 years later when he's meant to be a modern day interpretation of a classic character - where's the marvels of present day engineering?
    Given the white plane/red & gold robot looks back then, he was always going to be a backpack-former this time around. For me, Silverbolt has two main failings, both of which were easily avoidable:

1) The colours. Why isn't the plane mode white, and why is the robot mode that weird cardinal red? I got the Henkai one, which has proper colours (and it's a LOT better).

2) The transformation was always going to be simple, given the nature of the character. So doing him at the size they did was a mistake. Would have been a MUCH better toy if done as a deluxe (or even a voyager) without the essentially pointless electronics. More bang for your buck, and wouldn't feel so damn simple if he was a smaller toy.

So yeah, Hasbro messed it up, Takara did a decent job. But it should have been done smaller (and without Hasbro's stupid colours).

I'm not saying you have to like it, of course - I can understand why you dislike the toy. He has limitations which the character design brings (and I suspect they trouble you), but the designers added others which bring him down further.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Human Alliance Leadfoot. Paid a hefty price for him too. So bad, I feel so horrible!!!