Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your best Christmas present memory?

awesome thread....

fave xmas pressie wasn't tf related though, fave b'day present was.... but thats another story.

anyways, xmas in 84 was when i got my first 20in Bmx.... i was 6, had a mullet, was clad in double denim ( acid wash ) and desert boots! as far as we thought... my lil bro and i were the coolest kids cruising the street.

photos may tell a different story.... lol

ahh the memories

Got Soundwave for Chrissie back in the day (1984 I'm guessing from my increasingly bad memory ) and bought Ravage and Rumble a few days later with some money I got from rellies Those toys were cherished and well played with

Some amazing pressies and great stories WOW!!

Remember if you have a G2 running around the house that in 18 - 28 years time they might be threading the same type of stuff to their online community. (Although by then it will be through some sort of cerebral cortex interface no doubt)
    Cherish every moment you have with your little ones and if you don't have any, then just cherish every moment you have with your toys

Metroplex in 1986!

It's not too big a box.

Not too big a toy - even by 1986 standards. I remember the first time I saw that toy and thought, "Oh..." It's a nice toy, don't get me wrong... but it's actually about the same height as Ultra Magnus (I think UM might be a wee bit taller). Obviously it's meant to be a city for the smaller carded Autobots, and in that regard it works well. Fortress Maximus came the year after and was the city for the larger boxed Autobots (re: Headmasters and Targetmasters).

Heck, Maximus looked great with the minibots too. You could put guys like Hound in him too, as well.

I remember one year my grand parents got my brother and i a sack of toys each. Nothing big, smaller things lik an action figure, a matchbox car, a transformers etc.
    When you're a kid its quantity over quality.
    I got Dragstrip that year. I've still got it and i will never sell it.
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Bet THAT box didn't fit under the Christmas Tree!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    It's not too big a box.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Not too big a toy - even by 1986 standards. I remember the first time I saw that toy and thought, "
    D'oh. i read Metroplex, but was thinking Fort Max. Odd, because I was thinking, "Fort Max hadn't been released then had he?"