Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: What is your best Christmas present memory?

Wow, I've been thinking about it for a day or two and I don't have a 'best christmas present memory' story. Lots of horror stories about bad sh*t that went down on different X-Mass' but no best present ones. I never thought of it before - thats kinda depressing

Transformer wise I guess I got given a G1 Mirage for X-Mass by my sister in 1984 and a Devastator bust from my mum and my girlfriend in 2002. Those were both pretty good.

Xmas 1985, Got Optimus & Ironhide. What made it even better was my brother had been born a few months prior There is a pic of me holding him on Xmas morning and you can see Prime & Ironhide in the foreground. Great memory
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    If I confine it to transformer related, my most memorable was about 2 years ago now. My wife had been going on and on about how awesome the 'presents' were that she had for me. She was so confident and as it turns out it was the first, and last, time she bought transformers for me.
    >SNIP<
    I couldn't help but laugh and thankfully she wasn't upset. Although I tried to put on a happy face and smile once I saw the list. Thankfully they were on pre-order and RK hadn't posted. They were good enough to give me a store credit and I ordered the ones I was after
    wow, what a story! you have to give her props for trying.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Xmas 1985, Got Optimus & Ironhide. What made it even better was my brother had been born a few months prior There is a pic of me holding him on Xmas morning and you can see Prime & Ironhide in the foreground. Great memory
    Old pictures like that with toys in it are pure gold. My brother was born in '86, but for some reason Galvatron shelf warmed for a long time in our local newsagent/toy shop and I bought it for him in the early 90's Yeah, that's serious shelf warming.
    Anyway there is a family photo of his birthday somewhere and it has G1 Galvatron in all his MISB glory!!
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

When I was 20, I suffered severely with depression. That Christmas, my parents did everything they could to try to make me as comfortable and content as possible. That included buying me a whole bunch of new stuff, including Transformers, largely finishing off my Cybertron collection. But really it's the warmth and care they gave me during that time that makes this one probably my best Transformers Christmas memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    When I was 20, I suffered severely with depression. That Christmas, my parents did everything they could to try to make me as comfortable and content as possible. That included buying me a whole bunch of new stuff, including Transformers, largely finishing off my Cybertron collection. But really it's the warmth and care they gave me during that time that makes this one probably my best Transformers Christmas memory.
    Dude, that is really nice and heart warming .
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera