Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Transformer toy?

Aww, I don't think non-transforming things that aren't action figures should count, because in that case I'd say this would be the winner, and it's legit too! I think that thing stands at approx. 4.9m!

And if you want to count unlicensed things then at 12.2 metres I'd say this would take the cake.

But yeah, within the realms of legit transforming Transformer action figures, the Maximi are the biggest.

Thanks Fortress Maximus looks good, i wanna find one to buy, are they easy to get???

I've never seen Fort Max up close and personal so I had no idea he was that BIG!

When I was a kid, I used to think Metroplex was big and recently, after getting back into TFs again, I acquired Unicron & Primus and was kinda shocked that they're so large, but man, Fort Max takes the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream212 View Post
    Thanks Fortress Maximus looks good, i wanna find one to buy, are they easy to get???
    As long as you have a healthy bank account balance, it should be no problem

100% correct Vector Prime
    I just had a browse on ebay and thats one expensive toy, ill have to finish university first lol!
    Ill just stick with collecting Movie figures! (for now)

On a side note are Beast Wars figures super-expensive? The cartoons are my absolute favorite and once i have finished with movie figures i was thinking of trying to collect those, or will i need a really big bank account?

1On a side note are Beast Wars figures super-expensive?
    On the contrary - they're super-affordable compared to G1. (And compared to shelf prices today, even.)

On a side note are Beast Wars figures super-expensive? The cartoons are my absolute favorite and once i have finished with movie figures i was thinking of trying to collect those, or will i need a really big bank account?
    Depends if you want MISB or loose... they're all pretty reasonably priced from recollection (I don't really pay too much attention to them since I'm not a fan of them and don't collect the series).

Well thats promissing news, when i run out of movie toys to buy at least i have a new toy line to collect.
    Just a few questions:
    Are they many Beast Wars figures?
    Would ebay be the best place to buy them?
    And are they good toys? like to transform and pose? or would i be disapointed?

There are a large amount of BW figures. eBay would be your best bet. The toys are great, articulation is on par with today's figs, some of the transformations can disappoint (ie the stand & swap heads transformation ala TM2 Cheetor) but most are decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime
    I've never seen Fort Max up close and personal so I had no idea he was that BIG!

When I was a kid, I used to think Metroplex was big and recently, after getting back into TFs again, I acquired Unicron & Primus and was kinda shocked that they're so large, but man, Fort Max takes the cake.
    Yeah, Unicron and Primus are puny compared to a Maximus.

Metroplex has never seemed big to me though, even when I was a kid. I remember the first time I saw that toy in 1986 I was amazed at how small he was... only 3cm taller than Ultra Magnus which came out the same year. But to be fair I think Metroplex was more intended to interact with the smaller carded toys like the Mini-bots and particularly the Scramble Gestalt robots (for which he even has ports for the limbformers to attach to). He's just less impressive when next to the larger boxed Transformers.

But Fortress Maximus is a playset designed to be played with the large Headmasters and Targetmasters of 1987 (he has ramps with launchers for them). By contemporary standards, Maximus' ramp launchers are still compatible with Deluxe Transformers (cos you can launch Deluxe Car Robot/RiD toys from them). He also has a working elevator with launcher that works well with small Transformers but particularly well with G2 Gobots and Spychangers (since those toys are specifically designed to be launched); I'd imagine that they would work well with the RPMs too. Fortress Maximus also has storage compartments and a prison cell. Oh yeah, a _buttload_ of in-built weapons too! Brave Maximus never came with any accessories, but it actually doesn't matter considering that he has ten guns that can pop out of his hands, body and legs!

Also, Metroplex's city mode only 'works' from the front. At the back of the city mode there's nothing really happening, whereas Fortress Maximus' city mode 'works' from 360 degrees (looks even better on Brave Maximus as he has little windows highlighted on his towers). Both Metroplex and Fortress Maximus have mobile fortress modes; Metroplex is like a rolling battle fortress whereas Fortress Maximus is a like massive (78cm long!!) space battle cruiser!

Don't expect anything the size of Fortress Maximus to come out in the near future either. He's huge because it was the trend at the time.

Toylines would show how MEATY AND POWERFUL they were by releasing INSANELY ENORMOUS PLAYSETS.

In fact, by the standards of the 80s super-playsets Fortress Maximus is PUNY.

The Masters of the Universe ETERNIA playset was so big it had A WORKING MONORAIL.

The biggest, though, was the USS Flagg. That is, the G.I. Joe aircraft carrier. This thing was beyond big. It was about 228cm long... or 2.28 metres. That's right -- it was a toy playset for action figures which was LONGER THAN A MAN IS TALL.

So yeah... compared to Transformers, Fortress Maximus is huge.

Compared to other action figure lines, he's a baby.)

--Boltax.
    (That's how it often is with Transformers.)