Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Most disappointing TF purchase?

ROTF Ironhide. Just...not good.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    What? Come on! Blazemaster and Evac are excellent! :/ I'm serious, I must be the only person on this board who likes this mold. And his cute little face!

ahem.

A lot of the movie styled tfs have been pretty dissapointing, but the worst for me didn't come from this line.

It's Cybertron Scattorshot (scout). I got him in a 3pack and expected him to be bad, just not that bad. First off, I definitely like transformers with knees. Visually, he looks awful all round, doesn't stay together in vehicle mode. Massive, mostly useless backpack and oversized missiles that don't look as though they match the toy at all.

The one redeeming feature on Scattorshot is his Autobot symbol on his hand. If there's one place to tattoo your allegiance, it's your goddamn fist.
    Yeah, the Cybertron Scouts have been pretty disappointing IMO.

For me it's a toss-up between BW Razorbeast and Cybertron Brushguard, both of which I got this year. I got Razorbeast 'cos a wild boar TF seemed too cool to pass up and 'cos I've gotten a few BW toys from Verno this year and they've all been good (Depth Charge, TM Airazor) if not great (Rampage, Inferno, Silverbolt), but as a toy RB's a real let-down. Back-heavy and uninspired in robot mode, almost no poseability or articulation in beast mode - I can see why Furman had second thoughts about making him the star of the Gathering after seeing the toy. Not the worst toy evar, and happily I got him with the awesome Movie Wreckage from llama, but I had high expectations from the BW line so he was quite the let down.
    Brushguard, on the other hand, is just bad...I like the idea of a xenobotanist Decepticon weapons developer, and he was a bargain from FFN at $5, but really that's about all I can say that's good about him. Ugly vehicle mode, next to no workable poseability in his kibbletastic robot mode, a missile gimmick that sticks really far out of his back in either mode and robot mode claws that you just can't do anything with...the Cybertron line really was a mixed bag - Vector Prime is one of my best acquisitions for the year, and it's been a really good year for awesome TFs for me - and Brushguard/Overhaul just doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    What? Come on! Blazemaster and Evac are excellent! :/ I'm serious, I must be the only person on this board who likes this mold. And his cute little face!

ahem.

A lot of the movie styled tfs have been pretty dissapointing, but the worst for me didn't come from this line.

It's Cybertron Scattorshot (scout). I got him in a 3pack and expected him to be bad, just not that bad. First off, I definitely like transformers with knees. Visually, he looks awful all round, doesn't stay together in vehicle mode. Massive, mostly useless backpack and oversized missiles that don't look as though they match the toy at all.

The one redeeming feature on Scattorshot is his Autobot symbol on his hand. If there's one place to tattoo your allegiance, it's your goddamn fist.
    Is that the Warriors from Three Worlds pack? I'm actually planning to get that, if only for Repugnus to add to the species count for my dinosaur transformers.

My most disappointing one would probably be Movie Brawl. Aside from the arm thing, I'd gotten him on impulse due to having a bad day (not to mention month-2008 was not a good year for me), so that presumably contributed.

I'd nominate Universe Cheetor, but I had no standards to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    AND OMG I GOT THE TITLE SPELLING WRONG
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Combiner Class Devastator.

Reasons:

+ Rip off! This toy originally retailed for close to $200 and I got it on sale for $97 and still felt massively ripped off. I've heard US fans who bought it for $70 and still complained about it being a rip off. This toy is appallingly poor value for money.

+ With no individual robot modes this toy is by far the suckiest Transformers gestalt ever made

+ I thought sacrificing the robot modes was done in order to make the engineering and design of the toy otherwise better. Boy was I wrong. The sculpting is ridiculously underwhelming - feeling more like PlaySkool toys. The paint apps are also unimpressive (there's some nice airbrushing in some places, but it's not enough to save the overall look of the toys or set). The engineering... again, quite PlaySkool - and Long Haul and Rampage's engineering is positively Happy Meal grade. I like Happy Meal Transformers. Happy Meal Transformers only cost two bucks a pop.

+ The NOM! NOM! gimmick was fun for a while but got old fast. The sound gimmick is just freakin' annoying -- I took the batteries out of mine. It's way more annoying than Energon Scorponok's sound gimmick!

While Moofie Scorponok's robot mode is incredibly lame - I wouldn't go as far as accusing him of being an Action Master. At least he does transform... and his transformation is more complex than say an Action Master Elite. Heh.

It sounds funny if you read it in a Borat voice. "Combiner Class Devastator is pains in my @$$hole."
    Although I still don't have ROTF Supreme Devy yet, and I will get it despite how many times I have heard it is a bad toy - he does talk about one thing that does bug me off with dissapointing TFs - when you've paid full price for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper
    Yeah, the Cybertron Scouts have been pretty disappointing IMO.
    Some Cybertron Scouts are better than others. Armourhide's pretty damn awesome IMO.

For me it's a toss-up between BW Razorbeast and Cybertron Brushguard, both of which I got this year. I got Razorbeast 'cos a wild boar TF seemed too cool to pass up and 'cos I've gotten a few BW toys from Verno this year and they've all been good (Depth Charge, TM Airazor) if not great (Rampage, Inferno, Silverbolt), but as a toy RB's a real let-down. Back-heavy and uninspired in robot mode, almost no poseability or articulation in beast mode - I can see why Furman had second thoughts about making him the star of the Gathering after seeing the toy. Not the worst toy evar, and happily I got him with the awesome Movie Wreckage from llama, but I had high expectations from the BW line so he was quite the let down.
    I find Razorbeast to be a bit more back heavy than other similar style flipchangers like Rattrap, but not as bad as say Armordillo.

Brushguard, on the other hand, is just bad...I like the idea of a xenobotanist Decepticon weapons developer, and he was a bargain from FFN at $5, but really that's about all I can say that's good about him. Ugly vehicle mode, next to no workable poseability in his kibbletastic robot mode, a missile gimmick that sticks really far out of his back in either mode and robot mode claws that you just can't do anything with...the Cybertron line really was a mixed bag
    Well yeah, Brushguard is a repaint of an already crummy mould - so no surprise there. Cybertron did have some interesting personality quirks though... I love how Shortround is a toy collecting geek!

TM2 Prowl. I can't even see what Hasbro were trying to do.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Shortround is beautiful, I love the character bio and that he can turn into a toilet.

Armorhide is a nice solid little guy too, I have him for Odieverse Pipes and he looks pretty good next to PCC Huffer. I was gonna get Scattorshot at some point but if he's really that bad I might settle for the RotF scout.

Always interesting lists these, I usually find toys I quite like on them!

The rotf toys as a whole were pretty awful, barring the scout class. I think Mudflap and skids were my least favourite, even Ravage was better than those two turds.

And then I saw the movie and hated them even more.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    TM2 Prowl. I can't even see what Hasbro were trying to do.
    I know what you mean Verno, TM2 Prowl I've found to be incredibly frustrating, I didn't think they would make the same mistake as the odd wing placement of G1 Mindwipe and I never got the 'Linda Blair' Alt mode head action either!?