View Poll Results: DA-15: Jetwing Prime Buy or no Buy?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome. Must buy.

12 30.77%
  • Awesome but I can wait for a sale.

17 43.59%
  • Meh, only on sale.

3 7.69%
  • Too pricey, can't justify that price for a glorified jetpack

3 7.69%
  • Go-Bots still around?

4 10.26%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review: DA-15 Jetwing Prime

I really want this but why do I have a feeling it will be repainted in premium colours? Anyone else think this will happen?

Decepticon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Did watching the movei change anyone's mind on this? For me, it definitely did.
    No. Still think the whole thing is cheap looking and tacky. How many trucks do you see on the highways with wings and jetpacks?

Too bad that OP still looks like that someone forgot to paint large parts of him that's supposed to be metallic silver.

To me it just looks like plain laziness, I mean how hard can it be to give Prime metallic silver?

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    No. Still think the whole thing is cheap looking and tacky. How many trucks do you see on the highways with wings and jetpacks?
    Yeah, but they're adding play value by allowing the jetwing to be compatible with the truck mode. Otherwise it's just a put-aside accessory in alt mode, which sucks.

Moofie spoilers ahead

As you know, we never saw the trailer transform into the jetwing in the film, so it appears to have been another piece of "fight tech" (as Optimus calls it) stored in his trailer. The fact that the jetwing can attach to the truck mode is a bonus IMO.

Btw, is there already a translation of Jetwing Prime's bio card online? Cos I'm willing to do a translation myself if there isn't, but obviously no point in me doing it if there's already one out there. Thanks.

Took a few photos of Jetwing Prime today, posted here

Seeing it in movie, has made me want it, so has changed my mind. But the price tag is what is holding me back atm, $169 from Target. I will wait for sale.

It's $148 at Big W atm. That's where I got mine from.

Anyway, I posted more pics here with as many weapons plugged into the ports as possible. I was able to plug in 16 weapons, but I can easily hold up to twenty extra weapons! That's awesome play value right there IMO.

I haven't been able to find any translations of Jetwing Prime's tech specs on the interwebs, so here's my translation:

$148 is still a bit much for me to pay I think. I'm sure he will come down loat further in price.

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    How many trucks do you see transforming into robots? Fiction is fiction...

Anyhoo, I got mine a week ago and I'm very happy with him. I have both Buster Primes (mouth/white flame borders & faceplate/blue flame boarders), and gladly display JWOP among them, because when OP cracks out the JW, he isn't exactly glistening in the sun, so the Ha$bro gray gives him a bit of a tarnished battle residue look. $148 hurt, but for the sake of having my choice of deco quality (as opposed to the crappy ones left when/if it gets discounted), and for the sake of supporting Ha$bro AU bringing more TakToms over, I'm glad I did.

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)