Page 42 of 195 FirstFirst ... 223237383940414243444546475262 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    well, a bit delayed, but here is the result and a comparison. Managed to get one single photo out of my very flat spare camera.

Nightbeat is almost a perfect match colour wise with that blue, and considering this is a two-eyed face, while my idea of Nightbeat is that he has shades (visor) I'm happy with this "new" character. Plus LG Blurr get's a silver gun now.

Be interesting to see how the LG Go Shooter head works (Have LG Wheelie/Go Shooter on pre-order) - Might be another potential use for this guy.
    Nice one. That head does look make for the body.

That looks more distinctive than Generations Drift & Generations Blurr.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I like Computron.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I realized that A LOT of Season Three that appeared a lot (not always as main characters but were still there) characters disappeared in the Rebirth, G1 Transformers 'Season Four'. I assume this is because they were focussing on selling the new Headmasters and Targetmasters, but I compiled a list and by Primus they missed a lot.

Autobots
    *Blaster and Cassettes
    *Perceptor
    *Springer
    *Sandstorm
    *Broadside
    *The Dinobots
    *Metroplex
    *Swerve, Pipes, Tailgate, Powerglide, Cosmos, Beachcomber and Warpath
    *Sky Lynx
    *Jazz

Decepticons
    *Soundwave and Cassettes
    *Astrotrain
    *Blitzwing
    *Trypticon
    *The Battlechargers
    *Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust
    *Octane
    *The Predacons
    *The Stunticons
    *The Sweeps (Not Scourge)

I probably missed some but yeah that is still a LOT.

That being said The Rebirth mini-series is among my favourite G1 episodes.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Pretty much everyone on that list was in the 1987 toyline so off the show they go!

Tthe G1 cartoon goes like this

Season 1: Promote the 1984 toys and some early ones from the 1985 line (Dinobots, Constructicons)
    Season 2: Promote the 1985 toys and some early ones from the 1986 line (Stunticons, Aerialbots, Combaticons, Protectobots)
    Season 3: Promote the 1986 toys and some early ones from the 1987 line (Terrorcons, Technobots)
    Season 4: Promote the 1987 toys
    Last edited by Paulbot; 23rd September 2016 at 11:26 PM.

So there's an application at work called Unicorn 7. I was putting together a presentation and just realised I typed Unicron 7 throughout the entire powerpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    So there's an application at work called Unicorn 7. I was putting together a presentation and just realised I typed Unicron 7 throughout the entire powerpoint.
    A Herald you may be
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

In an odd case of selective dyslexia, I spent several years thinking that the monster planet was called Unicorn.

I heard it as Unicorn when I watched TFTM, I thought the UK comics had a story called "The Legacy of Unicorn". I wrote it down as Unicorn whenever I used his name.

Then one day I was reading Marvel #75 (possibly the first time I read it) and noticed it was "misspelt" Unicron and thought 'that's weird'; so I looked at the other comics and books and never made that mistake again!

I wonder if the narrator of this golf club commercial is the same person who was the deep-voiced narrator of the original Transformers cartoon, as he sounds very similar, especially when he says "and now..." which is exactly like the bit of the Gen2 cartoon intro (when he says, And now through the magic of the cybernet spacecube...).

Many cartoon voice actors, do commercial voice-overs, and some have even mentioned it at BotCon.

(I heard a clip of it on the Checkout show from last week, and thought it was Peter Cullen at first, but according to the TFWiki, Victor Caroli narrated both Gen1 and Gen2 cartoons.)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I wonder if the narrator of this golf club commercial is the same person who was the deep-voiced narrator of the original Transformers cartoon, as he sounds very similar, especially when he says "and now..." which is exactly like the bit of the Gen2 cartoon intro (when he says, And now through the magic of the cybernet spacecube...).

Many cartoon voice actors, do commercial voice-overs, and some have even mentioned it at BotCon.

(I heard a clip of it on the Checkout show from last week, and thought it was Peter Cullen at first, but according to the TFWiki, Victor Caroli narrated both Gen1 and Gen2 cartoons.)
    If you're talking about Victor Caroli, I don't think so. This is a clip of Caroli narrating an ad. Here's Peter Cullen hawking Thundercats too.

I have heard the same guy doing the golf clip above (which is pretty funny truth be told) doing 80s toy ads, I think it was somewhere in the Youtube Dino Riders episodes. I'm sure it's not Caroli though.

EDIT - Did a little hunting around, and it looks like the guy you're thinking of is someone else. Could be called Dan Shafer, but I'm not totally sure if that's the actual voiceover guy. He sounds a bit different to the golf ad guy though.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 2nd October 2016 at 09:56 PM.

I guess there is a generic, deep-voice, American, narrator sound that American studios and business/advertising companies want, and these guys have mastered it to the point of sounding very similar at times.