Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New pics of Cyclonus and Cheetor

Default New pics of Cyclonus and Cheetor

This version of Cyclonus appears to be the final one judging by the different colours on Nightstick.

http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=89

EDIT: More pics of Cyclonus!
    http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=91
    Last edited by FFN; 29th October 2008 at 07:18 PM. Reason: More pics
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    This version of Cyclonus appears to be the final one judging by the different colours on Nightstick.

http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=89
    It is indeed an improvement when it comes to Nightstick but that Cyclonus still feels very cheap. The sore point there is the base plastic gray bits and they neglected that.

If Henkei comes with a better version, I will get it. If they don't I will buy this one and paint the silver bits myself as I intend to do with Galvatron's pink bits.

On the plus side, Cheetor is looking a lot better in the paint department.
    Last edited by kup; 28th October 2008 at 07:37 PM.

I'm still gonna wait and see with Cyclonus.

I like the different coloured eye gimmick(whatever you wanna call it) in Cheetor's beast mode and his robot face looks too beast like otherwise i quite like it

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    I'm still gonna wait and see with Cyclonus.

I like the different coloured eye gimmick(whatever you wanna call it) in Cheetor's beast mode and his robot face looks too beast like otherwise i quite like it
    Yeah I was thinking that with the robot face, they went over board a little there.
    Last edited by kup; 28th October 2008 at 08:59 PM.

looking better

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    If Henkei comes with a better version, I will get it. If they don't I will buy this one and paint the silver bits myself as I intend to do with Galvatron's pink bits.
    I don't think you'll be seeing Tomy painting all the grey plastic silver, probably different shades of greys. I would expect them to colour it like the cartoon rather than Hasbro's G1 toy-based colour scheme.

Hey, why not get both and pretend one is his Armada?
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Yeah, i'm thinking the ideal colour scheme would be if they just left the Hasbro purple the same (more evil!), but painted his grey parts silver (Henkei Prime has those beautiful silver legs compared to Classics Prime's grey+blue).

I bet the Henkei will use a shade of purple similar to their Henkei Galvatron... which might be cool anyway. Might just get both

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Nightstick looks much better - I'm glad they saw the error of their ways

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    I like the different coloured eye gimmick(whatever you wanna call it) in Cheetor's beast mode
    + 1! It's a nice touch

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I don't think you'll be seeing Tomy painting all the grey plastic silver, probably different shades of greys. I would expect them to colour it like the cartoon rather than Hasbro's G1 toy-based colour scheme.

Hey, why not get both and pretend one is his Armada?
    I am fine with that too. What I hate is the cheap 'bare plastic' gray that Hasbro now has a tendency to try to pass as Silver.

I have also noticed TakTom doing that a bit too but they are more subtle at it than Hasbro but I hope its not a growing trend.

I hope the ordinary grey of Cyclonus is paintable plastic, he needs a coat or two of any colour painted there to improve his looks.

The Cheetor eye gimmick is fine, if not a little too fan orientated, it's not what I'd call a selling point to the kids.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)