Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: King Hsss has reversed shoulders

Apparently, there is an easier shoulder fix that does not require any sanding. I think this is one of the very small benefits of waiting 4 weeks for delivery because once the figure finally does get here there will already be plenty of tutorials for fixes

This video is extremely helpful when it comes to fixing Hisss' reversed shoulders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyVNh...layer_embedded

I am not sure if it's necessary to cut the armor as he did as the other pictorial tutorial shows that you can slip the armor out if you heat it up. On the other hand, he has shown us that it's not at all necessary to mod the figure in any way as you can indeed remove the shoulder from the joints. This allowes you to reverse them without having to open up the torso and sand off pieces to swap sides.

Lord_Zed just showed me this and it speaks volumes

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=242&itemid=17097

Arrrgh. Do NOT have the skill to attempt any of that. Sadly I must live with the reversed shoulders.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Yeah, me neither! I can't be bothered going through all that. It's not my job to fix Mattel's mistakes, and I don't think it's noticeable enough to warrant the effort.

I will do it just because it will bug me if I don't. However I am not sure if I would have bought the figure had I known of this error before purchasing it.

I will be doing the fix. The most I have ever done is fix loose ankles so this will be a new experience for me.

I have to do it because it will constantly bother me if I don't

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Lord_Zed just showed me this and it speaks volumes

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=242&itemid=17097
    hehe that is funny
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I just finished fixing my King Hsss's reversed shoulders. Although it was fairly straight forward, it wasn't as easy as they made it seem in the video mainly due to a fair bit of effort, a fine hand and common sense required - In other words, some experience with doing this sort of thing is required as the potential for something going wrong is moderate.

Something to note is that the reversed shoulders are not just an aesthetic flaw they also highly restrict shoulder movement with potential of damage. This is due to increased pressure as the scales sculpting is forced to squeeze under the joint during movement with a high potential of creating surface deformities. This is no longer the case after the shoulders are corrected as the sculpt takes into account the scales when the joint is moved.

This procedure has already been well documented so no need to go through it but will mention that I used methods from both these guides: Pictorial and Video.

From the pictorial guide I followed their hot water method to soften the plastic as my heater fan wasn't enough for part removal. For the rest it became clear that I needed to cut the armor off as in the Video to remove it or risk potentially distorting it due to stretching. I also needed to cut the shoulders joints as shown in the video to remove and swap them.

Note: It is very important to allow the plastic to heat up enough so that it becomes as soft as possible or some stress marks may occur while bending parts out of sockets or joints, this particularly goes for the shoulders. If stretch marks do occur on any part, use this method to alleviate them.

Before re-assembly:

After Shoulder correction

Damn, I thought this was going to be an easy fix. I don't have the necessary skills or patience to do this.

I need to have a corrected version because it looks so much better.

Can I send my Hsss torso to you so you can do it for me?