Page 91 of 152 FirstFirst ... 71818687888990919293949596101111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    but then sometimes i dont even think ricky knows what he is going to do either....
    I think you just nailed the biggest problem that NSW have. You cannot just copy QLD and have an ex former origin great be the coach and hope that results follow. Stuart has proven that when left to his own devices and with the players he hunted in club level that he is not a good coach. He only did alright when continuing someone else's' hard work.

I know that they want to keep consistent in the playmakers, but Pearce is still too hot and cold week to week for mind, and Carney needs to be well supported in the halves to be properly effective. Not sure there is a great combo with him. Personally I like Wallace / Soward, but as a QLD supporter I am more than happy to see Pearce and Carney play or the blues.
    DeGois is also a player who has struggled with injuries of late, and I cannot see them selecting him incase the halves misfire and they need to be yanked to make way for the utility.

The biggest mistake NSW can make right now is to select Ennis. He does not deserve to play club footy, let alone anything higher, and his form the past year has been woeful. However as others have said, Stuart loves his thugs so I wont be overly surprised.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Over the summer while sales repping in Batemans Bay I saw Ricky Stuart in a restaurant. The owners who are clients of mine are friends of his from when they lived in Canberra. They asked me if I wanted to meet him and get a photo... I declined.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    [IMG]gws giants win[/IMG]
    how bad were the suns......

ill see your GWS win and raise you 1 defeat of the undefeated!!!!

:P

i was at the game and it was one of the best i have seen this year as far as quality and vocality of the crowd...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    how bad were the suns......
    It was more of a case of how good were the Giants

Being heavily involved within the club it was an experience that I'll remember and cherish for the rest of my life. You only get one 'first'. The after-party at Eastlakes for players / families / sponsors was a great way to cap off the win. Everyone's now firmly focused on taking down Brisbane next weekend.

Congrats to you and your team on the win Sharky
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It was more of a case of how good were the Giants

Being heavily involved within the club it was an experience that I'll remember and cherish for the rest of my life. You only get one 'first'. The after-party at Eastlakes for players / families / sponsors was a great way to cap off the win. Everyone's now firmly focused on taking down Brisbane next weekend.

Congrats to you and your team on the win Sharky
    its good to get the first win monkey off the back, i do see more potential in them then the GC Suns... i am sure there will be a upset or two for the giants in the seasons ahead.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

12-4 lead to QLD, but NSW will fight back hard. 40-60 minute mark will be all NSW.

Jennings deserved a second penalty, not sure about the send off. Felt soft, but he ran in a long way, before throwing that haymaker that nearly collected Lewis. QLD only up because of Greg Bird. His idiocy to start the fight got Jennings sent, then the penalty late was followed by the second try. Let's hope he doesnt go take it out on his girlfriend after the game.

It feels like there will be alot of niggling in the second half, I think we might see a few fights, hopefully nothing too silly.

Uate is so used to Boyd's poor form, he is not marking him! Thurston is playing Boyd into form. Stewart and Slater have both been quiet, Uate and Tate have stepped up in their stead.

The worst thing I've seen so far is the Hayne cheap shot when he had been tackled and decided to punch Thurston in the jaw. Channel 9 team pretended it didnt happen, but the ABC call team were not impressed. He was lucky to get away with it, and it is absolute stupidity to even contemplate doing that when you are in possession!

I'm surprised how much game time Farah has had. Does Stuart know he plays for the Tigers?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

So I can see how they gave the Inglis try, but I believe it was wrong.

There was no way that Farah had the time to react to play at the ball with his foot, it may have seemed like he did in slow motion, but in real time, he would have to be superhuman to intentionally kick the ball out.

Jennings deserved 10 in the bin for running in, Lewis did too, but he went in to pull players apart, Jennings threw the punch. Hayne should get a few weeks for the punch on Thurston and for taking dives later on in the match.

To me that was a QLD win 12-10 as NSW was done and dusted when they missed that goal kick they should have never gone for. Carney and Pearce were weak, the NSW bench was not utilised well and Gallen didn't play the game of three men so NSw were done. QLD were stuffed at the end, but NSW had nothing to throw at them.

I think Tate should have gotten man of the match, and that Farah was among NSW best, he was the best kicker NSW had, and the reason for all their go forward.

Loving the reveal that Harrigan never spoke to Ricky alst night, so either Sticky is lying or the Telegraph sports editor has once again made a story up.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

I think Tate should have gotten man of the match, and that Farah was among NSW best, he was the best kicker NSW had, and the reason for all their go forward.
    Farah the best kicker is definatly a sad stat of affairs as he was dreadful too.. lets bomb tate. tate catch run ten metres... lets bomb tate... catch run... lets bomb tate... catch run... see the game plan... usless kicking to him twice but seven times.. hell hit billy up he was terrible under the ball...

tate was by far the best on ground.. and group 6 refs would of refed a better game...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy