Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pics of Animated and Universe figures at BBTS

Wow, those Animated toys are simply amazing. Hell, I eve like the repaint.
    I'm guessing that with the new bits its not possible to get the orginal deluxe prowl out of the new one?

Universe 2.0 repaints are strange, Smokescreen looks fantasic and even Dinobot looks great in those promo shots.

Leo Prime's red and blue deco would actually make him match Cybertron Optimus Prime's/Galaxy Convoy's colour scheme...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Universe Dinobot: Look better than the last pic but it seems that they have omited the sword which is his signature weapon! Color scheme is also lacking a lot.
    The red missile thing is his spinal sword.

Quote Originally Posted by sifun View Post
    dont we already have overload in universe2.0? wtf.
    It looks pretty much the same in terms of colour scheme too.

If they're going to do leo prime, why not go for the Lio Convoy look?
    Dropshot was tan. Overload is green.

Overload looks like the Micromaster Flak now. The previous Dropshot redeco looked like his team mate Sidetrack.

Funnily enough, Cybertron Defense Scattorshot's original deco looked like the original Dropshot.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Overload's G1 form is that of a blue/red truck. The Armada versions were yellow and red, the Energon version was Ultra Magnus' colours. So I can't make head or tail of that one. I thought it might've been Roughstuff for a moment but not to be. Really a wasted opportunity and it annoys me b/c of the wasted potential. I mean Dark Scorponok as Classics Scorponok or Vector Prime as Scattershot (per the Legends figure) would make a lot of sense, right?
    The Energon/Cybertron Scorponok blows. It blows big time.

Energon Jetfire is better as Scattershot, because they're both scifi spaceship things, they both have visor-eyes, and the Jetfire mold looks decent in red and white. Fits.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I just cannot enjoy the look of the new Dinobot. I've tried, seeing it in a full colour pic and all, but it doesn't feel right. The only good bit might be the head. Looks spot on.

And how dare Animated continue to steal from BW. First BA and now Waspy. If there was any justice Hasbro would repaint the new Swoop in a Terrorsaur. But no.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Waspinator looks like a must have for me, and I don't even like animated..

But Dinobot is now proportioned in robot mode in the rough manner he was portrayed in the cartoon, which is some doing given Mainframe' raptor model transforming into his robot model is dubious at best.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Leo Prime's red and blue deco would actually make him match Cybertron Optimus Prime's/Galaxy Convoy's colour scheme...
    Argh! After you pointed that out now I HAVE TO buy this repaint!

It appears that Prowl does have some mould changes. At least we won't feel as ripped-off then.

Dinobot, Waspy, and Prowl are all growing on me.

Not a fan of Wreckgar, probably because I don't watch animated. I just find his Alt mode looks to much like "My first Transfrormers".

As for the other repaints, outside of Smokescreen they don't do anything for me.

Waspinator+Prowl+Dinobot=On my 'to get' list.

Everything else=Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Argh! After you pointed that out now I HAVE TO buy this repaint!
    If it makes you feel any better, Leo Prime does have a new robot mode head.

Wreckgar and Samurai Prowl are the two for me.