Page 221 of 481 FirstFirst ... 201211216217218219220221222223224225226231241 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    Ok so I had my surgery today & it went well. Every time I pass water it is a nice stream of blood & feels like my peen is on fire & pissing razor wire but that will pass. The nurses were wonderful as they always are.

One thing I have a major beef with is the doctors refused to continue my script for Oxy so I could taper my dosage & not have to go through withdrawals & manage my pain in a adequate manner. I swear if I ever see that Dr on the street he will need one of his mates to help him because I will smash his head so hard he will be the one needing surgery.

I have been taking fairly high doses of Oxy for 2-3 months now on a daily basis. I told the Dr that I am accustomed to taking this medication & having been through withdrawals before I am not prepared to go through another withdrawal seeing how stressed my body has been with this illness. I was told flat out that since the stone has been removed I don't have pain (tell that to my willy!) & thats life. Now I have to go see my GP to get a taper script for the Oxy tomorrow. I swear if I could have removed my tubes & strangled the bastard with them I would have.

I am trying to be sensible about this & taper my use over a week or two which is what is required & even the medication warnings say as much. These Dr's get you taking meds & then wash their hands of you when you know you need to taper. I am trying to do so in a controlled & responsable manner which is what the doctors & all logic suggest.

Tonight I am suffering a great deal & cannot drive to the hospital to get treatment. It will be a case of suck it up princess until tomorrow but I am extremely angry about how I have been treated by the surgeon & the disregard for my safety & comfort. What happens if I drive to the hospital at 2am & have an accident because I have no other way to get there all because they refused to provide any pain medication post surgery?
    Sorry to hear about your illness and pain. Are you able to call a Taxi to take you?

sucks to hear prowl...

i'm with kup... dont do anything silly bud, catch a cab if you have to.

hope it all goes ok

janda

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Sorry to hear about your illness and pain. Are you able to call a Taxi to take you?
    Yeah I could do that but I will stick it out unless I can't take it any more. Just had the last 2 fortes I found in my car but I will have to go to the Dr tomorrow morning for some real painkillers I think. I literally had tears in my eyes when I went to the toilet before. I spose that is what you get when they put a camera & claw up your old fella the size of a AAA-AA battery!

I am no macho man but my pain threshold is extremely high based on the last 4 months of constant agony & I am having trouble dealing with it when it is this bad. I am so disappointed with the Dr for not even listening to me & then when I read the post surgery notations it clearly says to stay on the prescribed pain medication & taper down not cut them off the day you have surgery.

No joke if I catch that Dr on the street he will be in his own world of pain & I am not a violent guy these days.

Wow Prowl sounds like you've been in a world of hurt.

Glad the OP went well and hopefully you can make it through the night to get to your GP in the morning.
    I hope it all heals up soon mate.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Ok so I had my surgery today & it went well. Every time I pass water it is a nice stream of blood & feels like my peen is on fire & pissing razor wire but that will pass. The nurses were wonderful as they always are.

One thing I have a major beef with is the doctors refused to continue my script for Oxy so I could taper my dosage & not have to go through withdrawals & manage my pain in a adequate manner. I swear if I ever see that Dr on the street he will need one of his mates to help him because I will smash his head so hard he will be the one needing surgery.

I have been taking fairly high doses of Oxy for 2-3 months now on a daily basis. I told the Dr that I am accustomed to taking this medication & having been through withdrawals before I am not prepared to go through another withdrawal seeing how stressed my body has been with this illness. I was told flat out that since the stone has been removed I don't have pain (tell that to my willy!) & thats life. Now I have to go see my GP to get a taper script for the Oxy tomorrow. I swear if I could have removed my tubes & strangled the bastard with them I would have.

I am trying to be sensible about this & taper my use over a week or two which is what is required & even the medication warnings say as much. These Dr's get you taking meds & then wash their hands of you when you know you need to taper. I am trying to do so in a controlled & responsable manner which is what the doctors & all logic suggest.

Tonight I am suffering a great deal & cannot drive to the hospital to get treatment. It will be a case of suck it up princess until tomorrow but I am extremely angry about how I have been treated by the surgeon & the disregard for my safety & comfort. What happens if I drive to the hospital at 2am & have an accident because I have no other way to get there all because they refused to provide any pain medication post surgery?
    I stopped reading at "stream of blood" sounds terrible. hope everything will be o.k.

Amazing what a pretty average kidney stone can do. It was only 4-6mm in size (big enough to hurt mind you ) but it was having a lot of trouble getting through my kidneys & because "stuck" a number of times where I had to have IV morphene & other painkillers in hospital just to get through the night.

Highly unpleasant business but they got the stone out finally so now it is just recovery pain not a undetermined level & period of pain. I don't know why there were complications but my life has been a living hell since Xmas & spending my evenings doped up is not as fun as it sounds trust me.

Feeling slightly better now & will try & get some sleep. I have to say that all the other Dr's I have dealt with during this period have been fantastic & very inderstanding on what the problem was & how to manage the pain. The surgeon today seemed young (30at best) & clearly did not have the patient experience to handle the situation.

I am not some pill popping junkie but I have done enough research & have spent enough time talking with other Dr's since Xmas to know roughly what is required. That is to gradually step down my level of medication to appropriately manage my pain whilst reducing my dependance on the medication. The fact that this guy dismissed that is highly dangerous.

Hope you get better soon Prowl.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Hope you get better soon Prowl.
    +1

Oh god that sounds painful (kidney stones that is)

Feeling much better today guys. Only had some fortes & am pretty pain free. Tomorrow will be a better day I am sure. I was in agony last night but at least I know if I get stones again I am not leaving the hospital until they blast them that very day.

Feeling much better today guys. Only had some fortes & am pretty pain free. Tomorrow will be a better day I am sure. I was in agony last night but at least I know if I get stones again I am not leaving the hospital until they blast them that very day.
    great to hear you are improving mate, keep it up
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast