Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: Skeleton Warriors "Glyos Compatible" Action Figures - Kickstarter

With 878 Backers and $50,140(US) Pledged; Skeleton Warriors is Officially Funded! - WA-HOOO!!!

Thanks to any and all of you who saw this thread & its posts and either backed or spread the word, you've helped make this project a success - Skeleton Warriors are Back!

George & Ayleen posted a quick closing update once the pledging period had ended; mentioning that it's incredible to be able to share our collective passions for the Skeleton Warriors, as well as sincerely thanking everyone involved in the development, support & backing of the project!

They're now moving into the production of the figures and will be keeping everyone updated as to their progress, aiming to have samples ready in a few months with the finished figures hopefully arriving to everyone before the end of this year.

For now, we've been left with these photos, depicting the prototypes heading out on their journey to the San Diego Comic Convention :

I, and I'm sure all of you who've helped back this project too, am so incredibly excited to see the return of the Skeleton Warriors - With New & FAR superior figures in looks, presentation, articulation but most of all Playability!

Baron Dark and the Titan Skeletons are merely the beginning; October Toys are looking to produce all the characters that previously had toys, but also importantly the ones who didn't receive toys as well as producing brand new ones based on old prototypes along with others derived from the comics, trading cards and Cartoon!

So definitely stay tuned guys, there will be a lot more Skeleton Warriors headed your way; keep checking-in regularly here in this thread, as well as the Kickstarter page AND the October Toys website for any and all news & updates concerning the newly reawakened Skeleton Warriors toyline!

...remember: "They're Bad To The Bone!"

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    Yeah back in school 20yrs ago I'd forego eating lunch just to buy the cards. I even borrowed money for it lol. As nice as it would be, not interested in collecting them anymore. Transformers gets more expensive each year it seems and its hard enough to keep up with
    But good luck to everyone else with an invested interest. Kickstarters just not my thing
    Sounds about the time I was right into it too dude; seems you were quite into it at the time as well if you were willing to forego lunch and using the money, coupled with borrowings, in order to get a hold of the cards man!

You're not wrong though; TFs are getting more expensive as a hobby as time goes on and I too find myself having to prioritise... Helps that a lot of the stuff that Hasbro & Takara are putting out at the moment isn't really engaging (Me at least), hell, even a number of the 3rd Party offerings I find myself asking if I really want in anymore?

Fair enough that Kickstarters aren't really your thing man, I've found a number of people are still somewhat dubious of it all - I DO believe that there is a good chance that pretty much everything, apart from the Traveler Skeleden & "Lighstar Crystal Blue" Exclusives, will be available at a later date and open for anyone/everyone to purchase.

They'd probably be slightly more expensive, though I don't believe they'd be too much more, but if/when that happens - I could drop you a PM if you'd like mate? , probably be a ways off though so don't feel obligated or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    congrats everyone who pledged looks like you hit your mark currently standing at $46666....
    Indeed we did Sharky dude and what a very joyous thing (For me) it was to wake-up and see such a result!

Checking in every now & again to see the pledge amount slowly creep up to the final $50,140USD mark was both nail-biting and relieving all at once!

I'm just so happy to see that there are others here & around the world that do still have fond memories of the Skeleton Warriors franchise and that those who knew about it, got behind this "Resurrection" of sorts as well as the passionate pair who sort to give us a 2nd run-in with Baron Dark, his Skeleton minions and The Legion of Light members.

I'm so appreciative that you brought this project to my knowledge, Sharky, I'll probably never stop going on about it.

Quote Originally Posted by twincobra View Post
    Happy to see this go through, did any one get the KS exclusive Baron dark or skeleton?
    Hehe, bloody oath dude!

I went with the $93USD Reward level, but my end pledge amount ended up being $123.00USD Including postage, which will get me:
    • 2x "Original Colour" Baron Darks
    • 1x "Lighstar Crystal Blue" Baron Dark (Kickstarter Exclusive)
    • 1x "Bone" Titan Skeleton
    • 1x "Glow-in-The-Dark" Titan Skeleton
    • 1x "Lightstar Crystal Blue" Titan Skeleton (Kickstarter Exclusive)
    • 1x Traveler Skeleden

So I get a little taste of everything, whilst also having a spare Baron Dark that I can keep MISB & a pair of Exclusive versions of the first 2 Molds.

I love Skeletons, the Grim Reaper, Skeletor... All that sort of thing, have dug it ever since I was a kid; the bad guys in anything ALWAYS look/ed cooler than the good guys!
    As such, Skeleton Warriors has always resided in my memory, as it was what I thought at the time to be one of the single wickedest things outside of Transformers - Animated & Evil Skeletons! and they looked so Bad-Ass too!

I mean, just look!

What 8-9y/o kid can look at that sort of artwork on a Trading Card and not go: "AWESOME!!!"?

Never heard of this show until i saw this thread and after downloading i mean renting it my kids and i love it!

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    Never heard of this show until i saw this thread and after downloading i mean renting it my kids and i love it!
    Really!? - That's awesome man!

I'm glad that both you & your kids have come to enjoy it dude, puts a big smile on my face.

It's been a little while since the last update, but this week has seen 2 awesome pieces of news hit - courtesy of George & Ayleen of OctoberToys.com!

1st up, we've got the announcement of the "Metal Weapons Pack" debuting at SDCC 2014!

The metal weapons pack consists of 3, Lead-free Cast-Pewter, versions of some of the weapons from the new Skeleton Warriors toyline:
    • The Skeleton Guard's Halberd.
    • The Skeleton Soldier's Axe.
    • Baron Dark's Sword.

All of which are Glyos compatible; measuring 2.25in (5.71cm) to 4.5in (11.43cm) long, they will come in a Collector's Box along with a Mini-Print of the concept art for the Skull Hammer/Slasher - which was used as inspiration for the Skeleton Soldier’s axe.

These awesome weapons will be available in limited quantities via the October Toys booth (4951) at the 2014 San-Diego Comic Convention for just $20 per set, it is intended that they will ALSO be available after the Con at a later date to be determined.

Secondly and more importantly...

For Anyone who Missed Out on Participating in the Kickstater, for whatever reason, You Now Have A Chance To Pre-Order the Non-Exclusive Figures!
    (Pre-Orders Close July 31st! )

In case you or your friends wanted one of the new Baron Dark or Titan Skeleton figures but weren't too sure or keen on the whole "Kickstarter-thing", weren't able to find the money in-time, or didn't see/hear about the campaign until it was too late? - Well, non-Kickstarter people who're interested now have the chance to Preorder ($USD):

Just like the Kickstarter Backers - These are expected to ship in December 2014 :
    • Shipping within the United States is $5(USD)
    • Shipping Internationally (Australia) is $13(USD)

So there you go guys, awesome news for everyone concerning Skeleton Warriors!

Definitely get in on those preorders if you missed out on the Kickstarter and if you're like me & want that Pewter Weapons 3-Pack?
    Keep an eye on this space, as soon a further information regarding post-SDCC availability is made known I'll post it here.

I really need those weapons.

I really need those weapons.
    I hear ya man, I hear ya!

I've been hounding George via Twitter & the October Toys forums about somehow making them available to Internationals who aren't able to attend the SDCC, especially for people like Aussies who're a million miles from anyone.

As soon as I learn who/when/where/how? - I'll post here so you and others know too.

Hey guys!

I thought you might like to see some AWESOME! photos I came across of the Skeleton Warriors display from the October Toys SDCC 2014 Booth (4951), courtesy of The Fwoosh Boards member - Domu :

...AND REMEMBER: For Anyone who Missed Out on Participating in the Kickstater, for whatever reason, You Now Have A Chance To Pre-Order the Non-Exclusive Figures!

REMEMBER: For Anyone who Missed Out on Participating in the Kickstater, for whatever reason, You Now Have A Chance To Pre-Order the Non-Exclusive Figures!

Some more photos from the October Toys SDCC 2014 booth (4951); The coverage this time being provided by the Skeleton Warriors Facebook page!

Here's a promotional image of what's on offer at the booth, along with a shot of the actual "Metal Weapons Pack" display:

...even more AWESOME though, is the pair of Original 90s Prototype Character Maquettes of Talyn & "Shadow"/Grimskull that are on display - On loan from the Goddard Film Group!

Awesome pics, looking forward to these in December, and I hope those warriors get made at some point.

Awesome pics, looking forward to these in December, and I hope those warriors get made at some point.
    Right with you man, December can't come soon enough and it seems that the next 2 figures that could be in the Pipeline are Grimskull & Talyn!

Back with another quick update guys!

Today we've a pair of interviews with George & Ayleen at SDCC 2014!

Both interviews cover a range of subjects; including the Kickstarter project, what's on show at the booth, what's planned for the line going forward, and many others!

So to keep up-to-date with all things Skeleton Warriors, make sure to visit:

ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT!!! - DON'T FORGET TO GET IN ON THE PRE-ORDERS FOR BARON DARK & THE TITAN SKELETONS (REGULAR & GLOW IN THE DARK VARIANTS AVAILABLE).
    (Pre-Orders Close July 31st! & Don't forget to ADD THE RELEVANT POSTAGE to your order )