Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Target 25% off Toys 29/03 - 8/04

I sent an email to Target asking about it - now to see if they respond as efficiently as they do when you phone in a query...

I got a reply today:

In terms of the retail price adjustment, our buying department is aware of these changes, and wish to advise that these adjustments (are) in our system and when they are actioned is an internal process.
    Soooo, they are still intending to change the price back... when ever they finally get around to it.

So do they intend to refund everyone who purchases a voyager at the incorrect price? Now that you have this in writing griffin, surely there are some legalities around this in that they must immediately adjust their price or withdrawn the items from sale.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    So do they intend to refund everyone who purchases a voyager at the incorrect price? Now that you have this in writing griffin, surely there are some legalities around this in that they must immediately adjust their price or withdrawn the items from sale.
    I think this has been addressed before, in terms of how prices work, and the offer to purchase.

Target is effectively offering a product to you at certain price. If you choose to buy it at that price that is your choice. You have engaged with Target in a transaction to purchase a product at a given price. Short-term contract over. Later on, Target decides to lower their asking price. It is now offering the opportunity for a new short-term contract at a lower price.

I work with contracts and quotes when dealing with the project management parts of my job. If I accept a quote from a company for a particular job then two months later I look to do a similar job and get offered a lower quote, I don't have any right for a refund for the previous job.

In Target's case it's a little different because they removed their timeframe for returns (as far as I'm aware - the policy may have changed) so as long as the product was still in stock there would be nothing stopping you from buying the item at the lower price and returning it with your old receipt.

But it's not Target's responsibility to provide a refund on a product you willingly bought at a higher price. If you want the lower price, then the responsibility is on you to claim for it.

Yeah, what he said... stores can charge whatever they want, even if it is in error, as they only need to adjust prices to move product or be competitive. And Target had no obligation to change the price either, especially if the product is moving.
    It's like Myer charging $40 for Deluxes - it may well have been an error, but as long as they see them sell, they have no incentive to adjust because they are quoted as not being price-leaders (as in, they won't be competitive).

If Target do end up changing their prices, I doubt that they would be obligated to refund anything, because it isn't faulty, and it would by like buying something just before it goes on sale... they would say that you were willing to pay that higher price, so is just bad luck that it is cheaper later.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I sent an email to Target asking about it - now to see if they respond as efficiently as they do when you phone in a query...
    good luck my friend
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

i hope people are having some good luck with the sale
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast