View Poll Results: Adventure Junkion - worth getting?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Decepticon Garbage Truck? Hells yeah!

2 22.22%
  • Only if cheap

1 11.11%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

3 33.33%
  • Worse than the garbage he picks up

3 33.33%

Thread: Toy Review - TED-05 Junkion

Default Toy Review - TED-05 Junkion

TED-05 Junkion
    Series – Adventure
    Size/class – Power Battler
    New/remould/redeco – Recolour of Junkheap
    Wave - 2
    Released here - No
    Approximate Retail Price – $18
    Approximate Size – 15cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Eco Clean Garbage Truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Grabbing Garbage Claw (in both modes)
    Main Colours – Blue, White
    Main Accessories – None

Robot Mode
    A bit chest heavy, but that’s understandable considering he has a big claw thing to come out and gobble things Pac-Man style. In fact the speed with which the chopmers fly out when the button is pressed is kinda freaky – makes you imagine Humans and Mini-Cons running around screaming while he gobbles them yelling “Get in ma belly!” Has the ugly head that sinewy arms one has come to expect with anything remotely related to the live action movies .

Vehicle Mode
    Really quite nice for a smallish figure and where he really shines (my photo does not do it justice ). Lots of detail, despite being a Japanese toy ‘Eco Clean’ is written in English on the side. The colours are very strong a vibrant, though the white cab with blue back is a tad Ultra Magnus’ish. The chomper flies out of the back of the truck – do NOT park behind this Con!

Transformation
    Very simple, can be done in 6 steps. Instructions are on the back of the packet but not needed.

Overall
    I think this figure is a great alternative to those who missed out on AOE Junkheap (which is the vast majority of us ). I’d still like to get Junkheap and he has been released at one of the smaller chainstores in the US at a reasonable price but right now is still going for nearly 70 bucks on ebay (pre-postage) which is ridiculous for such a small figure. The name is a tad sucky, a bit like when other characters have been named 'Insecticon' or 'Sharkticon' but one can overlook it. So for those who love the idea of a Decepticon Garbage Truck (which I have since DOTM) this figure is definitely worth getting

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I’d still like to get Junkheap and he has been released at one of the smaller chainstores in the US at a reasonable price but right now is still going for nearly 70 bucks on ebay (pre-postage) which is ridiculous for such a small figure.
    Well with him now released here in Reject Shops for $9 (and thanks for grabbing him for me mknell mate ) now got Junkheap too. Prety much everything I said about Junkion applies here, just a different name and colour scheme