Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Platinum Predaking now shipping from Amazon

Default Platinum Predaking now shipping from Amazon

Platinum Predaking was up for pre-order for some time on Amazon, but it has now finally shipped (for anyone who ordered one from there).

For anyone else interested in this figure (looks to be a re-release of the TakaraTomy 2010 version, with an extra sword), it is still available at Amazon for US$120 plus $12.18 shipping.
    For under $30 a toy, and they are bigger than a Deluxe, that's pretty good... especially for this Combiner, being the biggest of Gen1.

Pre-orders from BBTS for this shipped this morning as well.

Yep got my shipping notice from Amazon. Is the extra sword a real thing? If so, fantastic!

Don't know if this is the norm with Amazon but the only person who reviewed Predaking has stated that his arrived without packaging and arrived damaged. Just something to consider if you are thinking of getting this through amazon.

That sounds odd, and possibly (hopefully) was just a one-off mistake at the warehouse, as previous Platinum sets have been sent in Amazon boxes. (and it's the first I've heard them doing this)

I once had an expensive JP toy sent from Asia that was just the toy box wrapped in paper... so as expected, it got a bit crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That sounds odd, and possibly (hopefully) was just a one-off mistake at the warehouse, as previous Platinum sets have been sent in Amazon boxes. (and it's the first I've heard them doing this)

I once had an expensive JP toy sent from Asia that was just the toy box wrapped in paper... so as expected, it got a bit crushed.
    Actually Amazon does that on some items. I also collect Star Wars 3.75inch figures. Amazon pissed off a ton of Star Wars collectors when they shipped Slave I without a packaging box. I guess Amazon have not learned from their mistake. If you read the related articles on rebelscum you will see just how worked up the Star Wars fans got over the "Slave I Debacle".

I received an email from Amazon the other day asking me to provide feedback on their shipping packaging etc. for my last order with them

I was a bit peeved that they put two heavy books loose in the bottom of the amazon box During transit they slid and rubbed on each other leaving scuffs indents etc.

I'll be mentioning that they should at least put a layer of tissue paper between the books or something?? But they probably wont listen...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Don't know if this is the norm with Amazon but the only person who reviewed Predaking has stated that his arrived without packaging and arrived damaged. Just something to consider if you are thinking of getting this through amazon.
    I got Metroplex from Amazon. The Metroplex box was inside another slightly larger box, but that was it. No other packaging/padding/wrapping.

I only ever purchase from Amazon if i intend on opening the item. Their packaging material is nonexistant. You may get the odd scrap bit of plastic buffer or paper.

As I noted in the Amazon items topic, if you are after cheap figures that you intend to open, they are the way to go. Otherwise, pay a little more and shop from somewhere that caters to collectors, not the average consumer.