Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Discussion Thread

My daughter recently watched Giovanni's Island, but dubbed in English. It was the first time that she'd ever seen an English dubbed anime. The acting was just cringeworthy (not necessarily a criticism of the voice actors... whenever I've listened to VAs talk about dub work they always describe how restrictive working in that medium is -- e.g. Gary Chalk and David Kaye's performances in Beast Wars vs. Armada)... I couldn't stand it, so I walked out on most of the film and only caught the beginning and ending scenes. Looks like an interesting story though. I'd like to see it sometime in its original language format.

Not keen on letting my daughter watched dubbed anime again any time soon... (-_-)

New Dragonball series lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    New Dragonball series lol.
    I'm hype, currently watching DBKai Buu saga

Looking forward to it far too much.

So much potential, plus it might cancel out DBGT even more than the last two movies have.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    cancel out DBGT even more than the last two movies have.
    I live in hope.

Dragonball Super began last night.

It was a simple slice if life episode test really only had ever happened once before (drivers test episode). Nothing much happened but I loved it, Goku and Goten got more time dedicated to them and their personalities in this one episode than pretty much all of Dragonball Z! Goku being a Radish farmer made me chuckle, he is farming his brothers name pun, turning Raditz into a joke just like the abridged series has.

Animation was top notch, not as shiny as the recent movies and I hope it stays at this level of quality!

Next episode is Vegeta taking the Briefs family to a fun park... Looks hilarious.

It was a simple slice if life episode test really only had ever happened once before (drivers test episode). Nothing much happened but I loved it, Goku and Goten got more time dedicated to them and their personalities in this one episode than pretty much all of Dragonball Z! Goku being a Radish farmer made me chuckle, he is farming his brothers name pun, turning Raditz into a joke just like the abridged series has.

Animation was top notch, not as shiny as the recent movies and I hope it stays at this level of quality!

Next episode is Vegeta taking the Briefs family to a fun park... Looks hilarious.

Downloading now, bless fan subbers

Watched a (very rushed) sub version last night, and yes Slice of life describes it perfectly. it was very laid back and not a whole lot happened, at the end I wasn't really sure how I felt about it, lol
    but it was nice to see all the characters again.
    not liking the timeline paradoxes this creates with the two recent movies, but. oh well.
    definitely looking forward to next weeks episode though for more Vegeta the family man.
    also, Goku: father of the year letting his 9 year old son drive a tractor on a rocky cliff thing while he eats and works out.

Loved resurrection of F.

So glad I'm seeing it again. Cinema was packed out! Only one guy dressed up as Goku and a few others were wearing Dragonball Z shirts.

It's a lot funnier than I was expecting, the animation was top notch, too bad about the dodgy cgi in sections.

I only had three gripes, two about "power levels" concerning Piccolo and Gohan and one about the dues ex machina.

Voice acting was top notch, they have recast Bulma perfectly and Frieza is immaculate. Chris Ayres could not have done a more perfect job at all. Every scream and line is delivered with a dripping coating of rage and conceit.

Can't wait to see it again.

Voice acting was top notch, they have recast Bulma perfectly and Frieza is immaculate. Chris Ayres could not have done a more perfect job at all. Every scream and line is delivered with a dripping coating of rage and conceit.
    That's the cast used for Kai, they did a great job on that. If I'm honest and put my nostalgia aside I'd have to say New Frieza is better than the old.