Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AusPost parcel sending changes

Default AusPost parcel sending changes

I'm a bit confused by the changes to Australia Post's new parcel postage system.

Looks like the cheapest postage of a package locally is now $8.25!?

I've got some prepaid packages sitting around and guess I'm going to be slugged extra now when I try to post them?

I wanted to send Cat in QLD a 3.5" figure for free. I guess it's now going to cost me $8.25 to do so? Even in the smallest estimated box on their website it's going to cost $7. I'm sure I've sent small things for less before.

And blanket prices no matter where you send an item means good things for bigger distances, but with no option for a discount for shorter trip is a bit unfair. It shouldn't cost the same for me to send something to Perth as it does to send to Oakleigh.

I guess the new system is simpler for new users, but for people used to sending stuff around, and with surplus supplies, it's annoying.

[/confusedvent]

Really? When I sent you Blaster, Registered Post would've cost $6.60 (I know I sent it Express Post but I had been checking my options).

Just checked using the same size Bx3 box and <500g, Syd to Melb. Totalled $6.90. In hindsight I may have been mistaken when I quoted $6.60 up there.

I think $6.95 may be the minimum postage now? Like I said I'm a bit confused by it all.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Megatron Guest

Yep, so what would have cost $6.60 (minimum you could send a parcel in Aus, via regular) has increased to $6.95; similarly what would have cost $9.65 is now $9.95 (as I found out yesterday), etc. So for the extra 30c or so you get tracking on all parcels now. But those price increases are for regular. I think they've increased a lot more for using prepaid and Click and Send.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I've got some prepaid packages sitting around and guess I'm going to be slugged extra now when I try to post them?
    If you have pre-paid package things hanging around you wont be charged extra. My local PO was selling them off before the price promoting the fact that they are a cheap way to beat the price rise (for a bit anyway)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    So for the extra 30c or so you get tracking on all parcels now.
    For what Australia post Tracking is worth...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    If you have pre-paid package things hanging around you wont be charged extra. My local PO was selling them off before the price promoting the fact that they are a cheap way to beat the price rise (for a bit anyway)
    That's good. That was my main concern. I guess the actual price increases aren't too much.

Postage costs in this country are ridiculous. I remember selling an Energon Unicron a couple of years back to another boards member and it was approx. $50 just to get it over the other side of the country. I get stuff shipped to me from OS for less...
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Bit of a necro bump but in case people weren't aware the costs for sending parcels just went up. Minimum cost is $7.45 now it seems. For those selling items in the sales thread you might want to take this into account for postage estimates.

Discovered this news at the post office this week! Blah.