Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man to join the Marvel movie universe!

Awesome if true...

I would love to see Spiderman in the Avengers movie...

Now for Wolverine to make a cameo and I would be a very happy man

Meh, as long as the new Spidey is better than that ASM crap I couldn't care if it's part the the MCU, that novelty has worn off.

I can deal with a 'soft' reboot; much like what Marvel did w/ The Incredible Hulk. I'd rather that over a full hardcore reboot that completely goes against what was established in the Sonyverse.

I didn't mind the first Amazing Spiderman movie. The sequel was horrible though.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I can deal with a 'soft' reboot; much like what Marvel did w/ The Incredible Hulk. I'd rather that over a full hardcore reboot that completely goes against what was established in the Sonyverse.

I didn't mind the first Amazing Spiderman movie. The sequel was horrible though.
    I didn't mind anything, I just hated the fact he wasn't part of Avengers.
    Same goes for x-men.

Gee, I hope they introduce that Spidey villain called the Demogoblin (he's better than the Original Green Goblin, the Green Goblin & the Hobgoblin).

I read a rumour somewhere that Spidey's next screen villain will be Adrian Toomes/the Vulture. Of course, this rumour's been floatin' round the web ever since the first Sam Raimi film, so take it with a massive chunk o' salt.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I read a rumour somewhere that Spidey's next screen villain will be Adrian Toomes/the Vulture. Of course, this rumour's been floatin' round the web ever since the first Sam Raimi film, so take it with a massive chunk o' salt.
    Hmm if it is Toomes wonder what the chances are of him being portrayed as a hunky 30-40ish year old person rather than the decrepit old fart he is in the comics.

Did I just use the word hunky....

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Such good news for Marvel fans. And such a shame Xmen is still with fox.

Thanks to Singer I''m still waiting for an Xmen movie because we've got 5 Wolverine movies, co starring Mystique and guest appearances from the "Xmen".

I cant stand the singerverse.

It would cost a billion dollars, but how good would it be for the marvel superhero groups (Xmen, Avengers, GotG, FF, Spidey) to have one big crossover movie, like those epic comics that had dozens of superheroes taking on a cosmic threat to Earth.

With different movie studios owning different Marvel superheroes, it'll never happen.

It is possible, so long as the film doesn't reference the movies owned by the other studio(s). This is why Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were able to appear in Avengers: Age of Ultron. The film only mentions that they are super powered humans who were orphaned as children. It doesn't use the word "mutants," nor does it make any reference to Magneto being their father. Their age also conflicts with the X-Men films, as Quicksilver was still a teenager in 1973 in X-Men: Days of Future Past, thus it clearly establishes the Marvel Studios universe as being a separate continuity from Fox's Marvel universe. And as I understand it, Spider-Man will also appear in the next Avengers film, but again they cannot reference the Sony films, so most likely the film will not retell Spider-Man's origins (but perhaps make a vague reference that doesn't relate to the Sonyverse, as they did w/ the twins). This is also why Marvel can't use the word "Adamantium" in their movieverse, and instead use the word "Vibranium."

So it is theoretically possible. It would simply involve Marvel Studios*, 20th Century Fox**, Sony☆, and possibly Universal※ & Lionsgate★ sitting down and agreeing to it. And writers would simply have to ensure that rules are followed so that the non-Marvel studios films are not directly referenced.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Avengers (incl. Hulk, Iron Man, Capt. America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, Falcon, War Machine etc.)
    **X-Men (incl. Wolverine, Deadpool, Cable etc.) Fantastic Four (incl. Silver Surfer)
    Spider-Man
    Namor
    Man-Thing
    ================================================== ===================================
    I'm not entirely sure about how the rights for Hulk works. Hulk (2003) was made by Universal, and The Incredible Hulk was made by Universal but produced by Marvel. Marvel are able to use the Hulk in their Avengers films, and they are certainly able to even reference his origins (even directly linking it with Captain America's back story). But as I understand it, it's still Universal and not Marvel who still owns the rights to make stand alone Hulk films.