Thread: Hello from townsville/Ayr

Default Hello from townsville/Ayr

Just wanted to post to say hi. Spend most of my time living in Ayr but come up to townsville any chance I get.
    I've been a transformers fan since g1. I remember getting home from school so I could watch the series. (That was nearly 30 years ago). When I was a kid all I wanted was Megatron or shockwave as my first toy. Unfortunately my parents could not afford them so now I'm on the hunt for them again. I've just come back to transformers collecting as all I recently found all my old toys and decided to start getting all those toys I missed when I was a kid. Can't remember my first ever transformer toy but I'm pretty sure it was ravage and frenzy cassettes as they were reasonably cheap at that time.

I've really only started getting old toys in the last month but it's so hard (and expensive) to get complete ones. So I'm just getting bits and pieces when I can on eBay as there is a lack of available second hand stuff up here. I recently bought scorponok (body) fairly cheaply and now trying to get all the parts. The thing I was amazed about him was his size. Compared to other toys (metroplex etc) he's a big one and I can't wait to have him complete.

My main focus is to restore these old and much loved used toys to original as best I can so I can just admire them on display and dream of my childhood days (if I had them as a child). Sorry to blabber but it just makes the happy feels inside when I reminisce.

So hopefully I'll be able to start looking for great deals from other user soon so I can continue to add to my (very incomplete atm) collection

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Welcome fellow Northerner, (or as Burn would say Southerner )
    There was a guy fro Ayr a few years ago selling some very nice transformer items on ebay.
    Its great that you have got back into the hobby and still have your old toys and are into putting the figures together bit by bit, although nowadays it can be more expensive to do it that way, as the days of huge bargain lots on ebay and treasures at garage sale are pretty much gone.
    There are plenty of good sellers on here and there are a number of collectors from the North, although only a small amount of us post regularly.
    There is a comic con in the 'ville on April 23rd which I think would be worth the drive for.
    All the best with your collecting
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Welcome fellow Northerner, (or as Burn would say Southerner )
    There was a guy fro Ayr a few years ago selling some very nice transformer items on ebay.
    Its great that you have got back into the hobby and still have your old toys and are into putting the figures together bit by bit, although nowadays it can be more expensive to do it that way, as the days of huge bargain lots on ebay and treasures at garage sale are pretty much gone.
    There are plenty of good sellers on here and there are a number of collectors from the North, although only a small amount of us post regularly.
    There is a comic con in the 'ville on April 23rd which I think would be worth the drive for.
    All the best with your collecting
    Thanks. Too true in regards to it sometime being more expensive buying bits instead of complete. And yes the guys here have some good prices. I think I just got a rush of blood to the head in restarting and was enjoying the hunt. Sometimes I'll get a good find like today for some scorponok parts for 1 us cent each on eBay like the body and radars as well as his leg guards. The postage was going to kill me but luckily it was from the same seller so I only had to pay for postage costs of the body. Prob spent too much money on his other bits but it was still cheaper than most eBay auctions I've seen. Now all I need is lord Zara's and the elevator. One is reasonably ok for price but the other is just, well all I can say is wow. Might have to look for a Ko version for time being.
    Got G1 Junkers or bits? Message me and maybe we can work something out.

Welcome aboard the ....um...board
    Make sure you learn about KO's (knock offs) as that was a big learning curve for me many years ago. A lot of the G1 stuff has been knocked off.
    Spiderken Away!