• Only if (something else)

1 4.55%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Skullsmasher

Never been a big fan of beast-formers... this guy is no exception.

Gator mode is fine, but seems to fall apart quite easily (tail comes off, head unclips from arms/shoulders).

Robot mode is okay, but the big shield thing is not my cup of tea, and neither are the lack of proper heels :P. Joints are fine, but I'm not a big fan of the colours/shapes either.

Not a bad toy, just not one I'm super excited about.

This has got to win the award for most ornate deluxe ever. There is so much molded detail, especially around the soft plastic tongue and teeth. The brilliant plastic colours are very fetching and the little patches of paintwork are immaculate. You can't help but feel like this figure was a labour of love.

The Hasbro version does seem to suffer from QC problems though. Floppy legs aside they stuck Grax's head in sideways making it impossible to remove by hand. I had to unscrew Skullsmasher's chest open to liberate it. If a kid got this as a present in this state it would essentially be a broken toy. Boo. His transformation is also nothing to write home about but what he lacks in complexity he makes up for in better than average articulation in both modes.

Overall I still like this figure. His overall length makes him deceptively large for a deluxe so you feel like you're getting great value. Unfortunately it just makes him a p***k of a toy to own for all you alt-mode displayers out there

I've got the Takara version and the hips seem fine, but he's really back heavy and needs heel spurs. Tried to use the beast legs but they don't quite move to the right spot. Maybe even if his feet were bigger? He otherwise looks great, he just falls over a lot.

However mine came with two left hands. Can't really be bothered sending it back to Japan. If anyone has one with two right hands and wants to swap let me know! For now it's hidden by holding the gun in the backwards hand.

I've got the redeco Gatorface and the tail peg is loose to the point where i can't even plug the gun into it without it coming off by a slight touch.

Is this an issue with skullcruncher as well?

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    Is this an issue with skullcruncher as well?
    On my copy of Skullsmasher, that peg-hole on the tail-tip was pretty tight. It was a pain to pull the gun out after plugging it in. They probably widened the hole on Krok's tail to correct this.

I have Krok too, but I still haven't taken him out of package (still MOC), so I can't really comment on Krok..

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    On my copy of Skullsmasher, that peg-hole on the tail-tip was pretty tight. It was a pain to pull the gun out after plugging it in. They probably widened the hole on Krok's tail to correct this.

I have Krok too, but I still haven't taken him out of package (still MOC), so I can't really comment on Krok..
    cheers for the reply. wow damn i should have kept gatorface misb...that peg hole is soo wide now the gun doesn't even stay put .

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    cheers for the reply. wow damn i should have kept gatorface misb...that peg hole is soo wide now the gun doesn't even stay put .
    I think he'd still be a nice figure to play with and display (all things considered), especially if you missed out on Skullsmasher. I just keep mine MOC because I'm familiar with how the transformation goes. I may open him one day if I end up losing Skullsmasher.

I've always wanted the alligator Megatron (beast wars) so getting Skullsmasher definitely makes up for it. I now have an animal alt. mode that is a stand alone in my collection.