View Poll Results: JP MP Rumble/Jaguar - worth buying?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 55.56%
  • Only if...

8 29.63%
  • Not worth it

3 11.11%
  • Not even interested

1 3.70%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP Masterpiece Rumble & Jaguar

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    Thanks for giving me confidence that they're worth the money Hursti
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Nice review Hursti, these guys really look good. Still waiting on my HLJ warehouse stuff til I get mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Glad to hear you are happy with them Hursti. From what I have read / heard / seen I was worried it might end up being a regrettable purchase. They do say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    for the time being I just get to drool at all Hursti's and everyone elses awesome pictures.
    Thanks guys.

Of course beauty & opinion is in the eye of the beholder, you're right 5FDP, but I'm glad that my thoughts & pics have been of help to people.
    Hopefully the following will continue the trend

As I didn't bother fiddling with them last night, I thought I'd post some pics focussing on Rumble's Piledrivers :

His arms seem to only enter the Piledrivers 'One Way', which is in the upward or 'Yay' position; They also only 'Slip' on too, as there isn't any 'clip' or 'plug' that holds them in place so they rely purely on the friction between the arms & the inside of the Piledriver - Hence I feel that people's mileage here may vary :

Here I'm aiming to show why you can't enter the arms the other way as that area is taken up by the 'Piston' of the Piledriver & the elbow of his arms simply wont sit correctly within them if one was to use a 'Scarecrow' posture, also this should show the absence of any 'clips' or 'plugs' for the arm's attachment:

Showing down within the Piledrivers, each has a 'One Way' set of guides for either the (His) Left (Shown), or Right hand guns:

Heres the differing pegs on the gun/s & the hinge for switching between them (Big peg for back, small peg for fists):

Finally, here's a shot showing Rumble in a crouched/hunched posture with his Piledrivers at Max extension; looks really good I think & very much has that classic G1 Cartoon silhouette:

I'll show a little more about Ravage too, later.

Well?... It IS later.

Okey doke; here's some shots of the amazingly poseable, yet sadly (but necessarily) compromised, MP Ravage:

This guy is quite fiddly to transform & is probably the least fun of the 3 MP Cassette molds:

That said, the fun with Ravage is derived from his spot on 'Cat-like' posture & poseability:

You can do some REALLY silly things with him though :

...finally showing off the compromisation along with Ravage's fold out nose that eliminates a heavy seem in his face:

Hope that gives you guys some ideas on what these figures are like, I'm sorry for the horrible 'phone-taken' photos - I'd like to take some better quality shots at a later time though.
    (Setting up my whole camera rig is both time & space consuming, getting quite backed up with figures though! )

i was going to get this still thinking about it but seriously I'm finding it really hard and sad that the paint app is outrageously shite!!!! only because i had a japanese made G1 tape on my desk and the tampo on it is flawless the lines are straight and doesn't look like a homemade job. the plastic reminds me of the 3rd party why so serious ultra magnus head. looks like from bad moulds i dont know and its not very clean cut. what do u guys think?

I got a reply from HLJ about the status of my MP-15, and it appears that they took more pre-orders than they could fill, so I basically have to wait until they find more. Considering I pre-ordered back in October, it really doesn't instill me with confidence about future orders....

Hopefully for you the news of the upcoming Hasbro MP Soundwave may reduce the demand for consecutive production runs of TakTOM's MP Cassettes. <shrug> If you can't find it elsewhere for a decent price, perhaps get the Hasbro version, keep the Cassettes and sell the rest off to partially recover the costs.

Only if.

Waiting for Hasbro version
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Who knows? Maybe Hasbro will make Rumble purple...

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    I got a reply from HLJ about the status of my MP-15, and it appears that they took more pre-orders than they could fill, so I basically have to wait until they find more. Considering I pre-ordered back in October, it really doesn't instill me with confidence about future orders....
    That really sucks to hear man, REALLY does as I must've been one of the lucky ones (I'm certain I placed orders for them on October 23rd? ) - I sincerely hope that they rectify this problem that many are having ASAP.

It seems others have been having problems with AmiAmi; as they've been forgetting to email customers stock notifications, but then sending emails notifying said customers of their overdue penalties they've incurred for not responding sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Who knows? Maybe Hasbro will make Rumble purple...
    As much as I am a staunch RIRFIB supporter, I actually think that's a good idea! The TakTOM version is already RIRFIB, so why not make the Hasbro version FIRRIB? I'm all for Hasbro making their MPs more distinct from TakTOM's (in good/sensible ways, not random or cost-cutting cheap ways)

Just got mine and happy to say they both have no QC issues at all and are incredibly awesome!

The back of Ravage's cassette mode leaves a little to be desired but i would have made the same choice in designing him. Fiddly (best with a very tiny screwdriver to carefully pry out the parts) but I didn't have any fear of breakage. Only minor shame with his design is that the built in missiles are permanently aiming at his front legs - ouch!

Rumble is pretty much perfect - again i'm reminded how awesome the originals still are, because his transformation is very similar. But the look is spot on this time.

I have the other set coming too which'll be great, but boy i hope they somehow manage to release even more cassettes, as the standard has been incredible!