Hey all

A while back there used to be weekly e-newsletters sent out with latest forum updates (last one in march 2011 according to the archive here). I guess it became too much hassle to manually collate and send out those newsletters?

Recently at work, i had to integrate a site with Mailchimp, which is an e-newsletter sending service. It's free for <2000 subscribers and <12000 email sends per month.

What i had to do involved RSS feeds and i think the same could be applied here. It appears as though RSS has been disabled for the forum cause the normal link would be http://otca.com.au/boards/external.php?type=rss2 which doesn't work. It'd have to be enabled first

Basically, OTCA/Griffin would have to sign up for Mailchimp. Create a new RSS driven campaign with one of their built in RSS templates. Point it to an active RSS feed of new posts and configure it to send weekly.

Finally, you'd need to promote it - have a thread on here that links to the Mailchimp hosted subscription form for people to subscribe themselves (The only real downside compared to before, where it was an opt-in/out setting within the forum itself for Members & DM's).

So then it'd be all automated... it wouldn't be quite the same as Griffin's old newsletters, but could serve as a nice summary in case people have missed some action on the forums during the week.