Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars midnight toy launch Sept 4th

Default Star Wars midnight toy launch Sept 4th

Some stores on Friday 12.01am (3 hours after late night shopping Thursday night), will be having a midnight launch of the new Star Wars toys.

The ToysRUs at Garden City (Brisbane) is one... but I don't know what other stores will be doing it.

ToysRUs details and participating stores - NSW, VIC, QLD, SA, ACT.

Target details and participating stores - only six stores, in NSW, VIC and SA.

Megatran Guest

I really want to get excited by this news, but it'll probably end up being pretty lame stuff ..... or stuff reissued again & again & again.

Anyone happen to know if Aus will stock TFA 6 inch black series?

I hope we get them.

I got a VIP invite to the Star Wars toy launch here in Hong Kong (at 10.30 pm on the 3rd, so about the same time as down there)... limited to 300 people (believe that when I see it) at the Tsim Sha Tsui Toys R Us (Harbour City).

Anyone recommend a site showing what the potential toys might be (especially spacecraft)? Whilst I'm a fan I don't normally collect the toylines as I have to save room for my Optimus Primes, so I have no idea what will be on offer/to look out for but I'd like to pick up a few goodies for my brother in NZ.

Last toy launch I went to (Transformers AoE 4) I all but got squashed by the crazies trying to wipe the shelves of stock so I'm hoping with less people allowed to this event it might be a little more organised.

I'm also curious to see if they do the limited run prize draw chrome/gold figures for Star Wars like they do for Transformers. Anyone know?

Well I went to Big W just before and they had already put some figures out

Just as a comparison... (is anyone else going to their local event?) I received my VIP pack today... so first 300 people are "VIP" and they are allowing an additional 400 people (who have to line up tomorrow at Toys R Us at 10 am to vie for tickets).

Here is what my pack has in it and what is happening at our toy launch.

Be curious to see how similar/different the events are around the planet...

Nothing so fancy here... but then again, look at what some Asian TRU stores did for the TF4 midnight launch - we didn't have anything like there here either.

From my photo in the first post, ToysRUs are giving away posters and $10 coupons if you buy certain amounts of stock. Target is noted as having a mystery gift bag with any purchase... but less Target stores are doing this midnight promotion than ToysRUs (and in less states too).

I had a look at the toys today, nothing special.