27 87.10%
  • Only if...

2 6.45%
  • Not worth it

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 6.45%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Toy Review - JP MP-28 Masterpiece Hot Rodimus (Hot Rod)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Well that is because the engineering in this toy happens to be a much more refined version of the MP-09 release!
    Really? I don't think they share much if anything in common at all. The legs, chest, arms they're all handled completely differently to MP-09. I also think there's only a passing resemblance to the G1 toy in aesthetics, which you'd expect. The underside and the way it transforms is similar, but side by side in both modes is a night and day difference. The Fans Toys one (if it ever comes out) looks much closer to the stocky/tall G1 toy in vehicle mode.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think the main let down is the wheels don't touch the ground.

I actually enjoy him as robot mode.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    TakaraTOMY's can't but Hasbro's can. Hasbro's MP Rodimus Prime has thicker tabs that slot into the hands.
    It is still an open hand hold isn't it? You close the hands and the gun falls down.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It is still an open hand hold isn't it? You close the hands and the gun falls down.
    He holds the guns just fine, they don't fall. The fingers close as far as they can with a gun in it, but the same can be said for MP28 too. The only tighter way you can get a grip is to have a solid fist with a gun that pegs in like the G1 toy (but sacrifice any hand/finger articulation).

From the MP Rodimus comparison thread (btw people are welcome to post comparison pics between MP9 and MP28 on that thread if they like )

Left: TakaraTOMY's, Right: Hasbro's. Notice that the tabs are thicker on Hasbro's. This is what allows these guns to be held properly.

You can see that Hasbro's protrudes out further too, so it goes deeper into the slot.

When I made TT's MP9 and Hasbro's MP Rodimus swap guns, Hasbro Roddy dropped TT's guns and TT MP9 was able to hold the Hasbro guns just fine. So the problem with the gun grip was with the guns, not the figure itself.