View Poll Results: Timelines Windsweeper - worth getting?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • A new Windsweeper toy? Hells yeah!

2 50.00%
  • Only if a member of the TFSS

1 25.00%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

1 25.00%
  • A lavender abomination!

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - TFSS Windsweeper

Default Toy Review - TFSS Windsweeper

WINDSWEEPER
    Series - Timelines
    Sub-line – TFSS 4.0
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco of CW Sky Dive
    Wave - 1 (Fourth figure of the service)
    Released here - Nope
    Approximate Retail Price - US$50 + Shipping
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Fighter jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb
    Main Colours – Red, lavender
    Main Accessories – B1-B Double Barreled Laser Cannon, Heat Seeking Missile Launcher/Fist-Foot, Matrix of Mayhem

Robot Mode,
    The wings can fold back but I prefer to leave them out, the silver on the wing missiles really pop and also this configuration makes the figure look a bit more G1-Windsweeper-ish. The head is really good on him and the colours overall work quite well.

Jet Mode
    A shame there wasn’t a deluxe CW mold that was a bit more like his G1 incarnation, they would have had to go with Silverbolt to get something more indicativie. But it’s a pretty cool looking jet and the colour scheme not only is fairly character accurate but makes the colours work a bit better than the original toy did.

Transformation
    You know how to do it – everyone knows how to do it!

Overall
    What is a shame here is the despite all the positives this toy brings, the quality hearkens back to many other TCC toys as in it feels cheaply made – there is that sense with him that he could fall apart any second and indeed the wings on mine come off with a sneeze. But still a good rendition of a very underused G1 character and it will be interesting to see how he fits in with the Mayhem Squad Squad when they are completed.
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 10th July 2016 at 05:46 PM.

The great thing about this Subscription set is finally getting new toys of several Gen1 characters, who were fairly prominent in the last half of the UK & US comics... and better still, these CW toys have worked great at capturing their original essence.
    Windsweeper, Needlenose and Ruckus have never had a second toy, after almost 30 years... and Spinister had that BotCon 2012 toy... they all fill holes in the Classicverse era of Gen1 characters.

Slowly buildin' that Decepticon Mayhem Attack Squad, eh?

Maybe it's just a QC issue with your one Trev? I had a similar thing happen with my Ghost Starscream from the Grand Galvatron. Wings were so floppy and one kept popping off. I put a little clear nail polish on the wings, tightened it up a little. If you're secure enough in your masculinity to buy some from the supermarket (I wasn't, and got a friend to!) it might help to put a few coats on.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    they all fill holes in the Classicverse era of Gen1 characters.
    This here is the main reason I signed up for this set, the combiner factor's just a bonus.

Windsweeper has joined his fellow Mayhemians on the 2016 Collector Club shelf....