Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big W 20% off all toys. Ends Sun 24/07/16

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    They adjust Toy sale lay buys too if you have a current Laybuy with them. Saved myself $330 today.
    Wow! What did you buy?

They adjust Toy sale lay buys too if you have a current Laybuy with them. Saved myself $330 today.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Big W knocked 20% off the Fort Max I had on lay-by from the toy sale. As a result, only needed to pay the last $50 rather than $100, and he's now at home.
    You guys got lucky - I asked at my BigW but they wouldn't reprocess my layby to knock off the 20%.

Megatran Guest

^ Go back there when a different staff is behind the layby counter.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Wow! What did you buy?
    2x Lego Ghostbuster HQs, Helicarrier, Heavy Haul Train, and a Fort Max. Funnily enough, they took 20% off the Lego items but didn't do the Fort Max as it was on sale when I bought it...which was news to me

2x Lego Ghostbuster HQs, Helicarrier, Heavy Haul Train, and a Fort Max. Funnily enough, they took 20% off the Lego items but didn't do the Fort Max as it was on sale when I bought it...which was news to me
    Weird.... they way I heard it they wouldn't adjust the ones that are cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    You guys got lucky - I asked at my BigW but they wouldn't reprocess my layby to knock off the 20%.
    I was lucky. The manager mentioned receiving an email that they aren't allowed to adjust the layby of the big sets. But it didn't make sense since we can always pay it off first, return and re-layby them which will knock off the price.

Luckily, these staff used logic.

The lady that served me yesterday also set up the layby just prior to the big sale. At that time, she voluteered that they would put the price down for me if Fort Max went on sale later and I hadn't finished paying off the layby. And sure enough, she did exactly that when I asked. I assumed from all this that it was policy, even though there's no mention of it in their terms and conditions posted in-store.

I agree with the suggestion to go back when someone else is behind the counter.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    ^ Go back there when a different staff is behind the layby counter.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I agree with the suggestion to go back when someone else is behind the counter.
    Or if the price is worth your while find the same stock in another store, lay-by it there, and cancel the lay-by with the first store?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!