Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers
    Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers 2010
    Headmasters
    Masterforce
    Victory
    Zone
    Return of Convoy
    Operation Combination

Who are your favourite characters in this era, and why?
    Either as Toys or in their fiction, what has drawn you to love certain characters?

Which characters were disappointing or under-used?
    Who would you have liked to have seen more of in this Series?

Sixshot, because he instructs in badassery 101

Either as Toys or in their fiction, what has drawn you to love certain characters?
    I love the japanese super robot feel of some of it and headmasters are as cool as bowties

Giant robot death battles!
    Better aiming :P
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I would probably also go Sixshot, seeing as he's basically a pure representation of awesomeness.

Seeing as most of them had partners that acted as pilots/drivers, I'd say that makes me love most of them is how that factor makes them really feel like robots, as is in most Japanese robotic fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Fight! Super...: Glaze (Blades), because the manga portrayed him in a way that was most accurate to the way that his original G1 toy tech specs bio describes him (i.e. Gung-Ho kickyoass action junkie).
    2010: Rodimus Convoy... just cos in the manga he wasn't the whinging self doubter that we saw in the anime/cartoon series.
    The☆Headmasters: Sixshot. He's a ninja, what's not to like?
    Super God Masterforce: Ginrai - I got to watch Masterforce as a youngin' in those Super God-awful dubs, but even then I thought "Optimus Prime" was pretty damn awesome!
    Victory: Machtackle. The episode where Mach and Tackle switch places is one of my favourites.
    Zone: Dai Atlas. He gets criticised a lot, but I think he's a really interesting character. The Marvel TFU profile for Optimus Prime says that as part of his weakness, he would be a better military commander if he were more ruthless, but then he wouldn't be Optimus Prime... well, here's an Autobot commander who's more than willing to be utterly ruthless in battle. A lot of Japanese fans hate him for that, but I think it's what makes him a more interesting and unique character.
    Return of Convoy: Super Megatron. They should make a Generations toy based on this dude.
    Operation Combination: Can't comment as I've never read it

For me it's about what makes a character stand out to me.

Hubcap.

Artfire and Stepper.

Hellbat. I love the idea that the scheming second in command in the vein of Starscream (Leozack) also has a scheming second in command who can't be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    In comparison with Masterforce and G1, I liked how fully developed, even as stock characters, the guys in Victory were, particularly the Destrons. I don't really remember much of the story of Masterforce because I really failed to connect with the characters but I do remember really liking Victory.

Like I said above, the Masterforce characters. The whole back and forth on whether the series was in continuity with G1 (including Headmasters and TF2010) left me cold.

It would have been nice if Star Convoy had actually had a cartoon series.