Page 11 of 515 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: QLD Transformers Sightings.

Big W Runaway Bay has activators for $12, and all the new figs (Cliffjumper, Grimlock, Megs, Bandit Lockdown, Dirge) and the legends 5 packs for a mighty $25.88. I know which one is better value.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Myer had a HEAP of Movie voyagers. Would be close to a hundred, of Ratchet, Starscream and Megatron, all for $60!!! With the 2009 movie toys just around the corner, how do they expect to sell those ones at above market price for Voyagers, within the next couple months? I suppose the Ratchets and Starscreams are still applicable for the second movie, but really, it means they are less likely to order in any 2009 Movie toys at all.
    They also had about 10 of the Ultimate Bumblebees for $150 each... again, madness.
    Speaking of madness, they also had the new Animated Activators but for $20!!!
    Similar story down here in Tassie. I can't fathom MYER's ineptitude when it comes to running their toy departments...has anyone here ever tried writing a letter or email to them, asking them what's the story with their pricing policy and utterly bizarre stock procedures?

Do they even know how wrong they've got it???

Toyworld in South Tweed has about 6 Classic Masterpiece Starscreams for $75

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Saw in bigw today:

Animated:

Jazz, elite guard bumblebee, sentinal prime, swoop.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

At Sunshine Plaza Kmart I picked up Universe Tread Bolt. Another item I rarely see was Universe Dropshot. Also sighted was the usual Universe combiners and latest deluxes plus the Animated Autobot Leaders and deluxes.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Kmarts near me don't seem to be getting in the newer Animated others are finding. They'll probably show up after the 15% off sale...

At Browns Plains last weekend, Toyworld appeared to have a heap of new stuff.
    New four SWTF (black Emperor, Grevious, AT-AT, TIE Bomber) at $35 each
    Special Edition Universe $35
    New Animated Deluxes (Waspinator, Blurr, Swindle) $27
    Deluxe Universe (Dinobot, Cheetor) $27
    Activators (Grimlock, Blazing Lockdown) $17
    Robot Heroes (Kickback, Blaster, Silverbolt, etc wave) $10
    25th Optimus $90
    Universe Combiners $60
    Voyager Universe (Inferno, Overload) $45
    Bath-box (Sponge and bubblebath) $10

Only thing new at Big W at Browns Plains was Activator Dirge, and Kmart had a Treadbolt (gone now), but Target had nothing new. Just like my recent Carindale Target sighting, this one had about half a dozen figures, and nothing new. This was actually a Target store that had, since the 2007 movie, a 5-odd meter section of toy shelving devoted to Transformers, making this relocation of 5-10 toys to the middle of various other toylines, a big change for those like me who visit this store a fair bit.

kmart at garden city has moved the transformers section and opened up on the Universe section. A smart manager must run that toy department
    The deluxes were originally on 2 pegs, now they have at least 6 ! oh and I sighted at least

5 smokescreen
    4 Dinobot
    2 Cheetor
    2 Hound
    1 Cyclonus
    Voyagers.
    1 Blades, 1 Dropshot, 1 Blaster.

Can't wait to see ratchet show up...

At Gargen City David Jones. New Universe deluxes priced $31.99.
    Smokescreen, Dinobot, maybe some others. Looks to be a rather small display and has been that way since after christmas.

Pretty sure something screwy is going on at Target. Maroochydore Sunshine Plaza has Universe Inferno and Leo Prime voyagers, and they're scanning at $24.99 retail price. Naturally, I grabbed Inferno immediately. When I paid off my layby of Universe Silverbolt, I scanned him on the way out and it said $34.99 retail price, despite being the same class as Inferno, and the old retail being $47.99 as stated on my layby docket.

So if you want some cheap Universe figures, get into Target before they work out their mistake. It reminds me of the recent US bungle of selling Animated Shockwave for $5.

EDIT: Oops, my mistake. Forgot Silverbolt is Ultra and Inferno is Voyager. Still, those retail prices are cheap, considering K-Mart has Deluxes for $28.99.
    Last edited by Sleeve; 23rd April 2009 at 01:45 PM.

Animated Blurr and Swindle (that wave) are available at Kmart Chermside. Shame the price is 28.99.