Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BEWARE: Anime Export

That really sucks man. Sorry to hear it. I think paypal (i.e. non ebay purchases) only allows a 45 day window with which to raise a dispute/claim - just so everyone is aware.

Looks like I won't be going to anime export to buy anything now

Hey guys, an UPDATE:

I finally got a reply back from AE:

1. The main reason (supposedly) was that they did not realise that their e-mail replies were going through due to Google (JP) bouncing off their e-mails into the black hole presumably due to being marked spam or what not - so all this time only a few days ago they realised that I wasn't getting any of their replies at all!

2. Their customers are still waiting for their FM replacement parts (for those who are) - excuse was Takara needs to remanufacture the parts again from China etc (this has now been 2 months and a bit for me).

I will post up further updates as to how things are going - currently they said they will hold one Frenzy & Buzzsaw for me to be shipped off as soon as I tell them to.

Thanks again for all the replies guys.

Seems a bit of a crappy excuse with the whole "emails going in the spam box". You don't run an online store that big / for that long and forget to double check your email filter settings.

Hmmmm at least there is response although it does not sound pleasing to us collectors.
    Please do keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    Hey guys, an UPDATE:

I finally got a reply back from AE:

1. The main reason (supposedly) was that they did not realise that their e-mail replies were going through due to Google (JP) bouncing off their e-mails into the black hole presumably due to being marked spam or what not - so all this time only a few days ago they realised that I wasn't getting any of their replies at all!

2. Their customers are still waiting for their FM replacement parts (for those who are) - excuse was Takara needs to remanufacture the parts again from China etc (this has now been 2 months and a bit for me).

I will post up further updates as to how things are going - currently they said they will hold one Frenzy & Buzzsaw for me to be shipped off as soon as I tell them to.

Thanks again for all the replies guys.
    Was this prompted by you contacting PayPal or you bank?

I've heard the spam filter excuse before from various Japanese retailers over the years...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Was this prompted by you contacting PayPal or you bank?

I've heard the spam filter excuse before from various Japanese retailers over the years...
    It was prompted by me - after I sent them numerous e-mails to:
    1. To their customer service rep directly (no response)
    2. To the store manager Boris (no response)
    3. On their FB page sent a message
    4. Sent also via their contact us message box on their website

I think either 3 or 4 would have triggered it - although yeah the excuse sounds really thin on paper, and imagine if you have paid A LOT of money on pre-orders - these jokers could just disappear at any time and you'd have little recourse.

Default fort max shipping

the reason your Fort max was retaped was a customs check something of that size they slice a small hole / cut tape and retape for a small inspection. you would be surprised they check even small envelopes.
    I work in shipping and I know my stuff...

Also when it comes to fort max I know your pain of searching I bought an original fort max body about 3 years ago and spent 5months searching for all the parts to complete him. that little cockpit window was as difficult to find as an original Cerebros!!!

no offence but you would have been better off ordering it from a US website rather than Jap website.

Quote Originally Posted by speros View Post
    no offence but you would have been better off ordering it from a US website rather than Jap website.
    What makes you say that? I find shipping items from Japan to be faster, cheaper and more reliable than shipping from America.

Quote Originally Posted by speros View Post
    the reason your Fort max was retaped was a customs check something of that size they slice a small hole / cut tape and retape for a small inspection. you would be surprised they check even small envelopes.
    I work in shipping and I know my stuff...
    All first run Encore 23 Fort Max boxes were opened, inspected and resealed due to a QC issue.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpo...4&postcount=39
    http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...e-taped/26953/
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...75&mode=retail

Ive been purchasing online for years now, and while i have had customs open a shipping carton, theyve never opened a sealed item inside.

TROLOL
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)