View Poll Results: Generations Sky Byte - worth getting?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • A giant, poetry-reading, flying metal shark? HELL YEAH!

9 64.29%
  • Only if cheap

1 7.14%
  • Only if...

2 14.29%
  • Na

2 14.29%
  • Sink this toy to the blackest depths!

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Sky Byte

Default Toy Review - Generations Sky Byte

Name – Sky Byte
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Thrilling 30
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 5
    Released here – Not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $29.00US
    Approximate Size – 25cm
    Allegiance - Predacon
    Alt-mode – Cybernetic Shark
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Spinning missile launcher/tail
    Main Colours – Blue, Silver, Yellow
    Main Accessories – Spiral Missile

Robot Mode
    Very stylized, one of the most detailed Generations toys to date. Everything from his helmet to the spiral going around his missile to the fins that come out of his shoulders looks great. The face is fantastic with a big toothy sneer, though the head does look like it should be facing up a bit more. The feet look a bit funny as just flat rectangles compared to the rest of him but this is one great looking Predacon! You have the option of having the big wing-looking pieces on his upper back either down like in the pics or up like in the instructions - personally I prefer them up. Once I get my digital camera fixed I will take some pics myself as the pics I could find online don't have things like his shoulder fins out etc.

Shark Mode
    These colours should not work together – yet they do. A nice big solid looking shark that really does it’s best, like the robot mode, to be a subtle mix of both the old RID cartoon and the current RID comics. Looks great, very streamlined, spinning tail, opening jaws etc. How you would display him in Shark mode though I am buggered if I know, you would need a special stand or something as he is very curved.

Transformation
    Not as hard as it looks, though I reckon for your first time from robot to shark looking at the instructions is a good idea. Only problem is getting the myriad of little tabs to all click in place when converting to shark mode without unclipping others. But generally a good transform.

Overall
    I am way more of a Decepticon man than a Predacon man, but I do like cybernetic looking creatures and this is one bitchin looking shark and Pred! Looks way better than the original toy, the only thing missing is the mouth missile launcher in shark mode. This figure looks and feels like it has been designed by folk that really love the character – heck there is even a haiku on the box! Despite not being my usual fare I highly recommend this action figure!

Sky Byte’s A Great Toy
    Well Worth Getting Imported
    You Should Buy Him Now!

I wrote only if cheap, if you can get him for less than Australian RRP (plus shipping) I'd recommend him.

Trev mentioned everything that I think is important about this figure, I just wish that since he is part of a "collectors line" a plastic stand for shark mode should have been included.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I keep mine in shark mode on a stand in a Fish bowl on my coffee table Excellent and fun figure he is.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    I keep mine in shark mode on a stand in a Fish bowl on my coffee table Excellent and fun figure he is.
    Hahaha, I so want to do that as well now. Epic idea.

Got mine and I think he's pretty good. Shark mode is just the BEST! Robot mode looks nice and is pretty fun.

Transforming him sucks balls. I spend so much time just fiddling about trying to get pieces out of the way of other pieces followed by irritating panel arrangement.

Luckily both modes are kind of cool. The robot mode is the worst of the two... What happened to his legs? These have to be some of the worst designed legs I've seen in a while!

Glad I have him as I am a big fan of old Skybyte, but I think he could've been better designed than the toy we ended up with.

My thoughts in much more detail along with lots of pictures on my blog